free website stats program HDTimeline.com Server not found?. | Harley Davidson Forums

HDTimeline.com Server not found?.

SeaRider04

For the last two + weeks, I'm having trouble when trying to get on this site, I get either "404 error messages, server not found" and or "the link is broken", but then when I got in, there are lots of new posts posted which tell me that the site is active. Just happened again this late afternoon but now it's ok. Any one have any problem with it ????. I'm using fire fox on window vista, never has any problem like this before. Oh and when viewing threads, my screen jumps up and down once in awhile like some kind of pic/file open/close. It's seem like right after the site changed to new format. Didn't have that problem when viewing other websites.

never had a problem except when i am in a hotel and have to sign on to their site first. good luck sorry i am not a computer person

I haven't got a "404" in a very long time. At least 3 weeks for me. I am using FireFox 3.6.13 & Doggy, useless, bloated, memory hogging windoz Vista along with standard "Classic" Google. None of that Chrome stuff. I bet it has something to do with your search engine.

I have had no trouble at all over the last couple of weeks and im all the way over to the other side of the pond
Win xp pro with ie8 as browser i dont use any add ons or toolbars

Brian

There was no different between the IE and FF when it happened, I did switching them around just for the fun of it but stills displayed "404 message". Didn't happen for last two days but I think I"ve found out why my screen is jumping up/down once in awhile now, there's an ad box on top right conner, right below the search window,these ads are "Auburn Leather", "No More fried thighs", "Biker Jewelry" and George's Garage. If one of them for some reason that does not display graphic, words only for instance, the "No More Fried Thighs" with nice graphic designed wasn't displayed but instead of the "V Twin Heat Deflectors & Bike's shade" words was, my screen will "shrink" then 4-5 seconds later, the next ads with graphic displayed, my screen "expand" and it's going thru it cycle. It happened to all of them, one at a time though.

There was no different between the IE and FF when it happened, I did switching them around just for the fun of it but stills displayed "404 message".

When you get the 404, does the address bar in the browser actually have the correct address? (http dot dot forward slash forward slash www etc etc etc)

I'm sure it does, the site was bookmarked in "my favorite" and it has been in my favorite since the day I became a member.

I'm sure it does, the site was bookmarked in "my favorite" and it has been in my favorite since the day I became a member.

That really does not answer the question. What I would do the next time you get a 404,, Manually type in the address bar the correct address and see if you once again get a 404. It may be something in background that is re-directing you from the site you really want to go to. I have seen it before.

If you still get a 404, once again immediately go to the address bar and type in something like http etc etc microsoft.com and see it you can get to simple common home page that is up 99.9999% of the time. That will tell you a lot about why this is happening.

I'd say it's something w/your browser security settings (java, activeX, etc.). Have you updated these lately?

Back