free website stats program HDT Weight Loss Challenge | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDT Weight Loss Challenge

I'm in on this. I got married in 1997 and was 170 lbs. Today I'm 41 yrs old and 200 lbs, down from 210 six months ago. I went from a very active job to a desk job 13 yrs ago and put on the lbs. I also had to start taking Lipitor and high blood pressure meds 7 yrs ago. Just today my doctor told me my blood work came back with issues related to my kidneys. So I'm off to get a renal ultrasound tomorrow. Fun stuff.

My goal is to get down to 175 and maybe, just maybe get off these meds. I do not think I can get down to Jack's weight though....

I'll check back in each week and post progress (well I hope it's progress).

Have fun and ride safe out there.

Ultrasound was fine. Good news :D

I'm down to 196, lost 4 lbs since last check in. :newsmile108:

Now the hard part comes.. getting below that 190 threshold that I have not been in a long time.

I even splurged and took a ride to Leena's in the Ocala Nat. forest for some fried clams :)

Ride safe and have fun out there.

Good job Grillfish. I know you can knock off another 4 lbs. :s Baby steps. When I started just over a year ago, I never saw drastic changes, just 3-4 lbs here & there. Once I started working out again, (after the crash), I started toning up, that is when everyone seemed to take notice. Cutting out the carbs was the hardest part for me.....since I lived on pasta & cheese in my younger days racing bicycles. :s

If you have seen the pictures of me at some of the bike events, I really don't have a weight problem, 5'11" 170lb, 64 years old. Like most of us who ride I really like good food and have been known to have a beer or two. The statement earlier about "eat to live, not live to eat" has been one that I try to live by. For all of you who are trying to loose weight, bravo!! All journeys start with a single step and with each step you get closer to your goal. I don't believe in diets as I can't think that doing without something you want is healthy. Moderation is the one thing that all of us can practice and leaving something on your plate does not make you wasteful. The next time you eat make it a point to take a portion that is half of what you normally take and then leave at least a fork/spoonful of each portion. As it take as much as 1/2hour for the brain to get the signal from the stomach that it is full wait at least that long before you eat or drink anything else. Let me know if this works for you, it's worked for me. Self control for me is the only diet that works.

WOW, that's older than dirt! :lolrolling

The alternative to aging is not something I'm ready for just yet. So I will take that as a compliment, Old man of the Mountain.:newsmile108:

I'm still walking 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. every day. I dug my 18 speed mtn. bike out of the shed and gave it a good going over. Now I'm riding it twice a day for about 1/2 hr. each. I still haven't weighed myself but I know I'm below 200 (was 240).
No "diet" per se, just limiting fats and sweets. Lots of veggies and fruit. And eating smaller quantities. I feel LOTS better. I think I'm on track to be around 180 by May 24. :sd

I'm still walking 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. every day. I dug my 18 speed mtn. bike out of the shed and gave it a good going over. Now I'm riding it twice a day for about 1/2 hr. each. I still haven't weighed myself but I know I'm below 200 (was 240).
No "diet" per se, just limiting fats and sweets. Lots of veggies and fruit. And eating smaller quantities. I feel LOTS better. I think I'm on track to be around 180 by May 24. :sd

Breeze I think you should be the inspiration we all need. Way to go and a tip of the hat for persaverance!!!

Using Portion Controll and cutting out Ice Cream I used to eat about 1 gallon a week usally after 9 pm I have lost 40 lbs since Oct 10 Feel great and blood pressure is down 10 points and my snoring has stopped as well Peace

Thanks to Dr Evil for starting this thread.

At 40 yrs old, I was 5'8" & 285 lbs, today at 49 I'm 198 -my goal is 180. First I cut out sugars, no candy, ice cream, cake or drinks with high sucrose corn syrup & I stopped gaining weight. When my doctor told me I was borderline diabetic, I started exercising & ate a steak & a hamburger once a month (bacon or sausage once every other month), chicken & fish mostly, sometimes a vegetarian day once a week. I mostly stopped drinking beer and now drink mostly whisky & soda water or wine. I try to ride my exercycle 5 days a week during the evening news while using weights for upper body muscles. Last year my doctor said I improved, but this year she said I was back on the borderline.

This year stress at work kinda caused me to slip and sleep instead of practicing those new good habits and got maybe 10% off the diet. There were 6 months where I lost about 5 lbs each, and its now a struggle to stay under 200. Any suggestions of how I can refocus and get down to 180?

:dknow

Back