free website stats program HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question.

Hi: The Light now has an "A" after the number #73273-11A
What I seen on other form is the new "A" has two holes in the back, one
for putting some type of gas in, and both holes are sealed with glue. Not with tape
like the one holed version, Less chance to fog they say
Also HD came out with a housing to go along with the new light for 06 and later Dyna's
I have a 09 Lowrider and I am hoping I do not need the new housing.
This light is the next thing on my list to add to my bike.

Less chance to fog they say

I hate to "test" buy items when they FIRST come out but sometimes I just can't wait.
I must have ordered my headlight just at the wrong time. I did not receive the "A" version and my headlight only had 1 hole in the rear. It fogged up every time I used it. I did not know of the new "A" version or else I would have returned it. I purged it with an inert gas and all is good now and does not fog any longer. (it can be done to pre-"A" models) Don't know what JW_Speaker was thinking when they made it.

I have one in my Sportster. The first model was recalled for fogging. The second generation is great, and night riding will never be the same.

005-9-1.jpg

Perhaps I used the wrong word, but that's what it amounted to.

Not long after I bought the original model (shown here)...

001-48-1-1.jpg

...it started to fog. First, just cloudy, then worse. I drove the bike back to my dealer--Capital City Harley-Davidson Buell--and was told that they knew of the problem, and "put me on the list."

When the new 2nd Generation headlamps came in, I was notified and the bad one was changed out free of charge and no labor costs.

The only hassle was night driving with the old lamp. My beam was disfused, and worthless on streets with no street lamps.

Wow, you did good. I did not purchase mine from the dealership and went with on-line for the discount. That is the only problem with shopping on-line. Very little support after the sale. I am lucky I was able to purge the headlight myself or else I would have been stuck with a lemon.

Sorry to hear that. My dealer ordered a batch of them, we all got called when they came in.

I had my wrench do the procedure, which they recommended. For a "plug and play" job, they wanted to check out the bike, and use a level to make sure the 'light bars' appeared straight on a dark road.

Some of the lights had just been placed into the bike willy-nilly, and these bars looked askew. Disorienting in the dark.

Just use duct tape, you can get it in silver or black. :p

Boy the first thing she goes for is the duct tape, don't you understand that duct tape is for structural work. Everyone else was explaining the finer points of "Hammer To Fit, Beat to Suit" engineering.:lolrolling:lolrolling:cheers

Back