free website stats program HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question.

Hello Hoople,

Did you ever determine if the 5-3/4" LED Head Lamp (73273-11) will fit a 2009 LowRider?

Thanks.

Not with 100% certainty. I was on a couple of other forums where I read of guys installing this headlight without any problem. One guy said he needed to just trim a bezel with some tin snips. Another guy said it fit with no problems at all. Why HD says it won't fit makes little sense to me at this point.

I would really like to try it myself but just can't separate with the $400 at this time. Chrome slip on's,, detachable windshield,,, engine cooling fan,,LED headlight,, etc etc are all on the list of things I want. I need a rich Grandmother.:)

$400 for an LED light is crazy high...do you ride that much at night to justify it. The German Auto lamp is a "screaming" bargain...IMO. The price is going to go down...just be patient Hoop. As you said, there are plenty of other mods that offer more "bang for the buck"! But of course you know that already! :s

Just installed the Black LED in my 09 FXDL! Parts guy at HD said it was NOT cataloged for mine but he had installed the chrome one on 05+ Dynas without any problems.
Fit with no problems, was careful with the wires. The connecter is not solidly connected to the light, it is on wires coming from the light, made sure they were not directly behind light in case depth was an issue. Did use with visor style trim ring #69735-05 which is cataloged for Dyna 94+ Looks and works GREAT! Now have ALL LEDs on Lowrider!

Hi on the Harley web site under new parts they have a new headlamp
housing kit #67700093 listed for use with the LED headlight
It looks like it's black and I don't know if you can get it in chrome.

The # 73273-11 headlight did fit my 2009 FXDL even though the fitment chart said it would not. Did not have to do a thing. Nice light if you do much night riding.

Back