free website stats program HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question. | Harley Davidson Forums

HD's New 5 3/4" LED Headlight for Dyna.. Question.

Hoople

Account Removed
For 2011, Harley just came out with their own LED 5 3/4" headlight part # 73273-11. For me that was a dream come true. Only problem is, it only fits Dyna's up to year 2005 and does not fit my 2009. I am trying to understand why it would not fit my year bike. The local dealership could not tell me why and they did not have 1 in stock for me to look over.

The fitting description for the New 5 3/4" is: => Fits '06-later VRSCD, VRSCDX, '04-later XL (except XL1200X), '09-later XR, '91-'05 Dyna® (except FXDWG), '11 FXS, '84-'99 FXSTS, FLSTS, '00-'09 FXST, FXSTB, '07-later FXSTC, '00-later FXSTD, '08-later FLSTSB and '05-later FLSTSC models.

I was wondering if any other members understands the difference in pre & post 2005 Dyna 5-3/4" headlight lighting, and would be able to tell me why. The description with the LED headlight does not say why nor does it say something to the effect "will fit later years with additional purchase of XYZ light bucket..." Was the pre 2006 a sealed beam headlight? Mine is not a sealed beam (H4 bulb). Was the light bucket deeper on the sealed beam units? Would a 2005 Dyna light bucket bolt up to my forks without any modification?

Searching for any kind of answer. Tks!

Just buy the thing and let us know what it takes to make it work!
:p

I would but it has a MSRP of $400.! I would not mind paying that if I just knew what it would take to "force" it to fit my year bike. I already have a crow-bar and blowtorch.:)

your probably better of using a HID kit they make a direct replacement for the H4 that includes the high beam and a mini ballast that can be easily be concealed

I have a couple of sledge hammers you can borrow or bring it round to the bike shed we can hit it with heavy stuff till it fits
and if that does not work i have an air chisel and grinder
we will get it to fit :D

Brian

Maybe see if you can find one in stock and compare to a floor model. Possibly the mount itself?

on another forum but there's been a couple guys put them in late model FXDC/DB's and say they fit just fine if you arrange the wiring correctly inside the bucket. I'll probably get one once I get other things done.

Thanks, appreciate the info. I am also going to call around to a few dealerships to see if they have one in stock that I can look at. That would certainly help.

Back