free website stats program HD Turbulator! | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Turbulator!

09ultra

Banned
Has anyone tried or have any comments on the new HD Turbulator Oil Cooler? I am right on the edge of buying one. HD Part # 26155-09. Can buy it from Zanottis for $250.78 total shipped to my door. HD Lists for $299.95 before sales tax. I have read all the posts on the coolers as far as if they are needed or not, but I have decided they can't hurt. Anyway, I am going to get one, just want to be sure I get a decent one. I know JAG is good, but as long as the HD has no bad replys, it is about the same money and is genuine HD. Looking for all advice. Thanks.

:help

That's how I read it also. I believe the difference is in the size. If I remember correctly, the HD cooler is a 6 row and the Jagg is a 10 row.

That's how I read it also. I believe the difference is in the size. If I remember correctly, the HD cooler is a 6 row and the Jagg is a 10 row.

I would guess your right. I have no experience with oil coolers. I wonder if the 10 row is worth the $120 difference? I would imagine it cools better with more volume, but if the thermostats keep kicks in at 185 Deg, maybe the 6 row is just open longer? If they work similar, the smaller the better.

A good oil cooler is an excellent investment. Doesn't make your Harley go faster or look prettier but it will add years to the life of your engine, especially if you ride in hot climates.

I went with the genuine Harley cooler for my Electra-Glide but from what I have learned, the Jag is also very good and may provide greater cooling with its ten rows versas Harley's six rows.

I went with the Harley model based on price and availability in my area. I also like the fact that despite what some people think, most stuff endorsed by the Motor Company is usually of pretty good quality.

In any case, get one with a thermostat. Some people don't believe you need a thermostat but they are the same people that think removing the thermostat from your car engine is also a good idea...

If you do go with the Harley model and install it yourself, invest in the proper sized allen socket as you will need to torque the adapter plate properly to avoid oil leaks. (ask me how I know this....)

The only negative thing I noticed with the Harley cooler is that the nice chrome cover was good for trapping rocks and debris inside. I took the chrome cover off and now it is not as pretty but it no longer fills up with dirt , sand, water, old engine oil etc.

I had the Jagg 10 row side mount on my 05 springer softtail classic with out a thermostat but manual switch over valve and oil rarely got above 200 F in the oil tank. I will be using the same cooler on my new 09 FLHX if the snow ever goes away. 15 inches on the ground in last 24 hrs

From what i have read the difference betwen the 6 row and the 10 row is 2oz of oil. That is not much considering that a quart of oil is 32oz.

Question why then does Jagg not recommend one but says they willtake your money?

Don't know the answer your question but don't doubt for a second that they will take your money.

Maybe they want you to use a manual control valve instead, or piece of cardboard over the cooler in cold weather?

Maybe they market their coolers to people who never ride in cold weather?

Maybe their prices are not competitive if you have to purchase their thermostat kit?

I have read Jagg's material as well and it would be nice if they would provide some facts to explain their rationale.

Has anyone tried or have any comments on the new HD Turbulator Oil Cooler? I am right on the edge of buying one. HD Part # 26155-09. Can buy it from Zanottis for $250.78 total shipped to my door. HD Lists for $299.95 before sales tax. I have read all the posts on the coolers as far as if they are needed or not, but I have decided they can't hurt. Anyway, I am going to get one, just want to be sure I get a decent one. I know JAG is good, but as long as the HD has no bad replys, it is about the same money and is genuine HD. Looking for all advice. Thanks.

:help

That new HD cooler is great...fits in between the frame rails, thermostat valve closure set at 180 deg built in to prevent over cooling, optional chrome trim w/ naturally HD logo, makes it look "custom" and all the mounting, hoses and fittings to complete the job and not void your warranty if it is the one made for your bike! :D

Wish I could fit that one on my Sporty...I hate the look of the Sporty oil cooler hanging off one side, but I would have to buy both kits to get all the parts needed to retrofit my bike (parts NOT SOLD SEPARATELY) or so the dealer says. :small3d014:

Back