free website stats program HD Touring Seat 50210-06 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Touring Seat 50210-06

DynaBob09

Any of you guys use one? Do you know if it raises you up or pushes you back a bit? Thats what I'm going for. A long ride gives my tail bone pain after 60 minute ride. A little more leg room wouldnt hurt either The tall boy seat seems good for that purpose too however, the touring seat might be a little better looking.
Any thoughts?

28.JPG

50210-06 is a passenger peg bracket kit but if you meant the 51472-06 touring seat - I have one and it does push you up a couple inches, not sure about back.......maybe a little. Definitely better than the stocker.

I've got the Sundowner which is quite comfortable but low. I am also thinking about the touring seat. I'd like to get a bit higher which it seems to be according to the specs in the HD catalog.

As near as I can tell the difference between the two is the SD is an inch wider - otherwise it looks very similar

28.JPG

50210-06 is a passenger peg bracket kit but if you meant the 51472-06 touring seat - I have one and it does push you up a couple inches, not sure about back.......maybe a little. Definitely better than the stocker.

Looks good. I guess it's either the touring seat or the tall boy seat. I wonder which will relieve a little pressure on my tail bone??.

Looks good. I guess it's either the touring seat or the tall boy seat. I wonder which will relieve a little pressure on my tail bone??.

If that is an issue you might want to consider different bars - but not what you may be thinking. I have a lower back issue, some days worse than others. For me the answer was twofold - first the seat does help in that it puts you up higher, slightly further back and does offer much better support plus I no longer find myself sliding forward taking away room for you know what. But the new bars are also a factor. I put FXDL bars on the stock FXDC risers (about 1.5" tall) so with the seat it has me leaning forward into the wind which is just what I wanted...........came from sport bikes so it feels very normal to me - but it will help take pressure off your backside and put some on your arms/wrists.

15.JPG

If that is an issue you might want to consider different bars - but not what you may be thinking. I have a lower back issue, some days worse than others. For me the answer was twofold - first the seat does help in that it puts you up higher, slightly further back and does offer much better support plus I no longer find myself sliding forward taking away room for you know what. But the new bars are also a factor. I put FXDL bars on the stock FXDC risers (about 1.5" tall) so with the seat it has me leaning forward into the wind which is just what I wanted...........came from sport bikes so it feels very normal to me - but it will help take pressure off your backside and put some on your arms/wrists.

15.JPG

Are you referring to the Tall Boy seat or touring seat in your comment above? And I do fell my boys are getting q little squashed sometimes.

Are you referring to the Tall Boy seat or touring seat in your comment above? And I do fell my boys are getting q little squashed sometimes.

Neither - it was the stock seat that was doing that. The touring seat has been fine, I will add that I sometimes find myself wanting room (in the bucket) to move back a little further. I'm 5'9" so if you are taller that tall boy seat may be better as it is supposed to move you both up and back........in comparison to the stock seat. I may try one myself later on - mostly the touring seat works pretty well for me.

Back