free website stats program HD to sell MV-AGUSTA and close BUELL !!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD to sell MV-AGUSTA and close BUELL !!!

MV-Agusta I could never connect with since I never followed their progress or knew much about them.

just for your information I provide the link to their site.

***WARNING*** It can be addictive: you're about to admire one of the (if not the...) most beautiful bikes in the world!

:):p

MV Agusta

Ciao
Ugo

just for your information I provide the link to their site.

***WARNING*** It can be addictive: you're about to admire one of the (if not the...) most beautiful bikes in the world!

:):p

MV Agusta

Ciao
Ugo

they are stunning always have been and will always be but as with most things Italian they are very pricy and can be highly strung, would i have on eyes if i was allowed :)

Yes, MV Agusta are beautiful and very (expensive) sporty motorcycles. I was originally under the impression HD purchased MV Agusta to help establish a foot print in the Italian market?

It seems to me in this current economy HD should concentrate with what has given them success over the years and leave the sport bike market alone for the time being. Buell included. They'll have to wait this one out like everyone else. Time will tell....... I really hate to see both lines go.

Sad day for Eric hope the MOCO concentrates on R and D now more than ever

I was originally under the impression HD purchased MV Agusta to help establish a foot print in the Italian market?

mmmm.... don't think so.
HD and MV address completely different targets.
Moreover HD in Italy (and in many EU Countries) is one of the very few brands growing in sales despite the crisis: no need of MV.

It's undoubted, anyway, that under HD management MV has known a new era in communication: every month you find on a different Bike magazine a test or a comparison with other bikes (the Ducati Streetfighter mostly...) regarding MV Brutale in all versions.
Very few regarding the F4, instead, because it's more suitable for racing than having fun on winding roads :s

It was just a good investment (before the crisis) in a high potential brand with a glorious history to spend and magnificent products: the price is adequate for the "immaterial" added value and the highest quality you buy with the bike!

mmmm.... don't think so.
HD and MV address completely different targets.
Moreover HD in Italy (and in many EU Countries) is one of the very few brands growing in sales despite the crisis: no need of MV.

It's undoubted, anyway, that under HD management MV has known a new era in communication: every month you find on a different Bike magazine a test or a comparison with other bikes (the Ducati Streetfighter mostly...) regarding MV Brutale in all versions.
Very few regarding the F4, instead, because it's more suitable for racing than having fun on winding roads :s

It was just a good investment (before the crisis) in a high potential brand with a glorious history to spend and magnificent products: the price is adequate for the "immaterial" added value and the highest quality you buy with the bike!

HMMMM..... MV..... F4.... I know I love mine! I just wish I could afford a 312....

Ciao
Ugo

I have to admit that they are a thing of beauty. Even if they were dogs (which they are not), I would be proud to have one living in my garage.

From what i heard at a local HOG meeting by the dealer/owner -- HD is keeping all the equipment to bring Buell to life another day, just shutting it down right now due to the tough economic times. I think they made a statement about providing parts and service for 7 years after the shutting down of the line.

Anyone else hear anything similar?

warranties and stuff are being upheld and parts for UK customers have to be kept for a 10yr period

Also here in Italy: it's not a matter of being polite with Buell Customers or forecasting a reopening sometime... it's the law!
:s
Ciao
Ugo

Back