free website stats program HD to sell MV-AGUSTA and close BUELL !!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD to sell MV-AGUSTA and close BUELL !!!

you are correct that MV will stand on its own, and you can bet the exc comes back now as well, im suprised that Buell has not been Sold or the Erik has gone Solo again, i mean thats how he started im sure he could getting backing from a say a rich oil tycoon
I would love to see Buell on it's own. They finally have a good engine and good switch gear. The break from HD could have been a good thing. Many in the world think the Buell is a very good machine, it just needs a little more work and it could become a great machine.

IMO, HD was never focused on making the Buell a superior machine. With the advent of the sportster "performance" models it was just a matter of time before HD killed the Buell. If it don't flat track, drag race, or cruise the street, HD isn't really interested in it.

many a true word spoken:cheers

You would have thought HD's road racing history from the 60's and 70's would of had some influence on what the company does. What they did with the VR1000 program really tells the tale of what HD thinks of trying to compete in the road racing world. Whoever heard of funding a racing program from the advertising budget. That's one of the reasons the VR program only went as far as it did. Funding was year to year and very tight.

What happened today looks just like what the company did to the VR road racing program.

Maybe the same Chinese company that bought Hummer from GM will aquire Buell. One can only hope.

Looks like I may have to acquire a 1125R just to have one. I'll give it a good home, let it hangout with my other performance V-twins and take it to the track every once in a while...

Wow, you could really feel the quiver in Erik's voice...I hope he finds an investor group to carry on the legacy he started...as an inventor/entrepenuer I would think being just part of a Harley developement team would have him restless in about 6 months...

MV Agusta is also rising, may find an investor group as it's racing history and development continued "--in spite of the HD connection..."!

HD now had better deliver and focus on what is broken...and start getting the water cooled touring line going, limit the model variations within it's blood lines and extract the most out of it's current vertical markets. They can ill afford mistakes now...the world is watching...

Not a bad Idea, wonder about parts down the road. I mean if the price was right, like a steal.
As for the sale, the world will move on. Not like it the first time these types of sales have happened. Long as HD is alive I will sleep well.

That makes me wonder also... I'm not sure if it's like a car were the manufacture has to have 7 years of parts available. But, I'm sure there will be a supply of parts for a few years. After that, my brother is a machinist and can fab up just about anything...

When I bought my 99 Buell s3t the big reason that I bought it was because it had the 1200 Harley engine and I loved the sound of the idle and that exhaust header was wild looking. It sits lonely in my shop beside my E/G.
kemo

I have been looking at the Ulysses for some time, never quite ready to make the commitment. Now it looks like I better snap it up if I can find one. Really hate to see this, they really were/are good bikes. HD has committed to honoring the warranties, and to keeping parts available if there is a market. The aftermarket has always stepped in to ensure parts are available after the OEM stopped supplying them. There does not appear to be any plans to sell Buell, just to shut down operations. The timing is lousy, with the employees being laid off 1 week before christmas. Goodbye to a good brand. :bigsmiley23:

I'm sorry to hear about Buell being discontinued/dropped. Buell will be back I'm sure. MV-Agusta I could never connect with since I never followed their progress or knew much about them. I wish everyone luck including the MotorCo who is not out of the weeds yet either.

Back