HD to sell MV-AGUSTA and close BUELL !!!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ugocon, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ugocon

ugocon Active Member

The New York Times today, Oct 15th 2009
    That's sad news! :(

Now that MV had released the new Brutale and was about to launch the new F4 and the brand new F3....
    In Italy in these last months MV has strongly increased the presence on media and surely sales have received a push.
    Probably all this will provide a better sales price... :s
    Anyway, this glorious brand will once again face an uncertain future!

Very sad for Buell, one one the most distinctive bikes on the market.
    At first, I didn't care about them, but lately I admit they're very nice and enjoyable.
    They also had a Buell Open Day at dealers not later than three weeks ago.
    The semi-transparent finish is very beautiful looking.

Every time a bike brand closes, it's a piece of heart going.

BTW also Moto Morini is facing bankruptcy... :(

Bah!

Ciao
    Ugo

2. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Market pressure coming to bear. HD is having to make some tough choices. Hopefully, this is all the MoCo has to do to weather this recession (oh, wait, the recessions over!!).

3. mstngjoe

mstngjoe Member

4. captkirkis

captkirkis Active Member

Very Sad!:no:bigsmiley15:

5. paulmack

paulmack Active Member

Unfortunately tough times call for tough decisions. I hope that this move will keep HD through these tough economic times without further cuts. I feel bad for the workers and their families and pray that they will be able to find other jobs. We all have to weather this economic storm and this recession won't be over until all of the people who have lost their jobs are back to work even though the politicians would like us to believe otherwise.

6. nakkers

nakkers Active Member

Sad, sad days. :bigsmiley15:

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I feel sorry for Eric. He put his heart into Buell.
    kemo

8. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

I never owned a Buell but the ones that I have demo'd I found interesting. My thinking is that if a Harley Dealerships sold both H-D and Buell it would allow that dealership to be more viable as the customers would have more than one brand cycle to choose from.

I have noticed in the area I live the BMW cycle shops could never seem to stay open as they were "stand alone" businesses. A couple of years ago the BMW shop came back to Indy but it is "entwined" with a dealer that also sells Triumph, and Victory....

9. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

What will AMA DMG racing do now? They vetted the 1125RR to race and it will no longer be produced..

As for MV, Harley managed to run off one of their best executives after they purchased it. Harley owning the company never really did anthing to help sales. MV will stand on their own. They have in the past and will in the future. The one thing I had hoped Harley would have done, was gone MotoGP racing with MV. But that never happened. I hope MV ends up with a company that understands the brand's heritage and racing history. Becasue I don't think Harley ever did..

One thing is for sure.. I'm have to change one my signature lines with Harley sells MV.

10. Buddha 1584

Buddha 1584 Member

Really feel sad for Eric and for MV, sad, sad day.