free website stats program HD Talking Rally | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Talking Rally

Where would be a good location for a HDT rally?

• NW Arkansas

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Memphis - blues and BBQ!

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • CO/NM/UT - mountains!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Sturgis - before/after/during the rally

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Daytona - before/after/during one of the 2 rallies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other - toss out your ideas

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not have 3. 1 in the East, 1 in the West and 1 in the middle. We may not all be able to get together in one spot but might be able to make one of the three that is closest to where we live. At least we can meet some of the other folks on the board. I know for me, living on the West Coast, I could never make one in the middle or the East Coast.

Good idea////////

Branson coz its kinda the middle and can accommodate several. I would probably ride anywhere however . If the Co/Ut area was picked the greatest place for rides is Kanab, Ut...2 hours from Vegas...84 miles from the North Rim....60 plus miles to Bryce Canyon and 30 or so miles to Zion ..the most filmed area in the US for Hollywood as well. Largest no kill shelter called "Best Friends" so something for everyone and the greatest area I've ever been to ride...jus a thought...lol

I'm in Central Oregon, Kettleman City is 683 miles, about 13 hours away, a bit far just for lunch. I'll wait a bit and see what the Northwest boys have to offer.... Multiple locations would probably work for most.

I was thinking more of a "Meet in the Middle" type thing. Meet in the middle of each state. Calif being such a long state maybe spliting it in half and meet in the middle of the north and south parts. Just throwing that out there....

I was thinking, and that is usually not a good thing, that since many of us end up at one or the other Daytona rallys, that that would be a great place. Beautiful scenery, great weather, the beach and bikini's!!:D

I like the idea of a patch and showing it of too!!

I'm Sure that I am in the minority, but...How about the Canadian Rockies?? Alberta or B.C.? Calgary, Edmonton, Hope, Kamloops, Banff, Lake Louise, Kelowna, Whistler etc. And many other great places. Just a thought.:D

I'm Sure that I am in the minority, but...How about the Canadian Rockies?? Alberta or B.C.? Calgary, Edmonton, Hope, Kamloops, Banff, Lake Louise, Kelowna, Whistler etc. And many other great places. Just a thought.:D

rode to Nelson BC a couple times and up around Kooteny Lk, love the mountains and scenery there.

It make good sense to me to have at one of the rally's I would think a larger rally as it is already going on anyway and they are expecting the traffic with out the rally then it may be a permit thing we would have to go threw to have anything at all (that is if a large group of us would gather into a town not expecting it!)( could be a issue with the local law enforcement) I personaly am going to Sturgis however if you have it at Daytona that would be great as well for those that do want it there maybe we can do Sturgis the next year or year after that! I think a patch for our own little group would be cool and I would look forward to meeting all of you here on the forum and making and having some great friends around and doing a group ride would be awesome.

Just my two cents

ride hard and ride long Life is short!

All this sounds great but Michaelzz28 makes sense. For our first get together we may want to piggyback on another rally. With the response so far it would seen that we may make up a fairly large crowd. So many of us already attend some of the larger rallys, getting together at one of them would be no more than announcing on the forum where and when we would meet and go from there.

Count me in on a ride thru the Kamloops. I fished as a boy out of Kaslow on Kootenay Lake, B.C. I'd love to do a scooter trip anywhere in B.C. or Alberta. I'd be bringing my fishing gear and the dog would have to stay home, I've already got my passport......
Slim :small3d004:

Back