free website stats program HD Talking Rally | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Talking Rally

Where would be a good location for a HDT rally?

• NW Arkansas

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Memphis - blues and BBQ!

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • CO/NM/UT - mountains!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Sturgis - before/after/during the rally

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Daytona - before/after/during one of the 2 rallies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other - toss out your ideas

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there would be better luck if someone posted a planned ride and then seen how it grew from there. Whoever started this idea should plan and organize a ride, and then whoever wanted could join it. I seen this same type of deal on another forum a couple years ago. The more interest the more complicated it became. The same person then did just post a ride and many joined in and if I remember right the ride continued even after the first group was finished. Some dropped off and others dropped in and on it went. Just a thought. It will be impossible to come up with a time and place for all. Good luck with this, I hope it works for you.

I say whomever would like to take the lead, go for it. It is just like everything ele. I f you try to accomidate everyone, it will never happen. For all those that can attend, great. For those who con't make it, maybe next year. I think it's a great idea :D

ok well u all can ride on over anytime:D

LOL! I am just sayin it will be hard any other way. I am not going to get involved as I have no time to get in my annual ride the way it is. If ever in ur area, I will "ride on over". :D

Why not have 3. 1 in the East, 1 in the West and 1 in the middle. We may not all be able to get together in one spot but might be able to make one of the three that is closest to where we live. At least we can meet some of the other folks on the board. I know for me, living on the West Coast, I could never make one in the middle or the East Coast.

For this 1st one, I like G's idea...I know I would be able to do one in the West, much as I would like to make the others, I like the shorter distance one and certainly help where I can with the Western loop setup, (though I don't know where to begin to help organize a large riding event)! :bigsmiley12:

NEWHD74FAN....I'm in the Modesto area and Kettleman City on HI 5 seems to be in the middle of us. We could start there and at least have lunch. Ride to eat and eat to ride.:newsmile016:

NEWHD74FAN....I'm in the Modesto area and Kettleman City on HI 5 seems to be in the middle of us. We could start there and at least have lunch. Ride to eat and eat to ride.:newsmile016:

I'm in Central Oregon, Kettleman City is 683 miles, about 13 hours away, a bit far just for lunch. I'll wait a bit and see what the Northwest boys have to offer.... Multiple locations would probably work for most.

Hmmm, a "Best in the West Tour" , go with 5 favorite picks in each of the Western States and maybe start HDT Touring thead in Regional section. Do the same with the other regions. BTW I remember TWrecks talking about Oz and Cedarbrook talking about "Dream Ride in Europe". If we could somehow synchronize by best riding season in the appropriate area (not all of us have achieved IRON BUTT status) members could pick and choose best opportunity, even catching or linking more than one.

Back