HD Talking Garage Session

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Scrounger, May 6, 2010.

1. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

I live in the Lehigh Valley of PA (Nazareth) and have offered up my trailer to a few members that needed to pick up bikes. I know we have the scam busters that folks have volunteered to check out bikes that are for sale but what about a Garage Session or basically a mechanical session where members can get together and bolt on goodies. RichardS suggested it once and I think its a great idea.

I'm looking for help on installing a chrome front end and chrome switch/brake/clutch housings. It can be done at the members garage or at someones garage that has a lift and boat loads of tools. Have a bunch of guys ride over and you can get a ton of work done, have a few beers, and even grill a dead cow too.

Anyone interested in participating? I'm good at electrical, but of the other stuff is not my strong point.

2. VanIsland

VanIsland Member

I certainly would be in Matthew, if I was in your area... great idea - Good luck!

Jon

3. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Jon

We did this all the time when I was on a FJR with the FJR forum guys. We had a guy ride up from FLORIDA for the weekend to hang out with us. I did many an exhaust system and other electrical goodies with fellow riders.

4. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

regional meets / rides or simple state gatherings i know its been disc, just thinkin.garage sesions good idea also....personaly i have worker on bikes alot, this time of my life i want to see the country..2 cents.,.,.,.ride safe..all..

5. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Matthew, I live in Easton and think it is a great idea, unfortunately for me most weekends are shot as my wife just had our 3rd child, but if you are doing one and by chance I have some time I am definitely game to come help out, or have guys over. One day my time will free up so keep me posted if these are ever planned. I have a lift and a good bit of tools (just no beer allowed at my house).

6. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

The no beer helps to ensure that it is all done correct too. :) I can manage one during the week too but not everyone can do that. I'm on a no beer kick right now since I'm trying to make the Ultra faster by loosing weight. :newsmile061:

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Scrounger, tell us how that works out for you...kinda hard to say less is more when you have a bagger, when adding chrome and storage is sooooo satisfying, the Stage one upgrades following soon after...cause we all know "--sometimes the thinner wallet helps in that diet plan approach...!":s

8. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

I figure the cams will make up for the inability to lose beer weight.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Oh yeah...now were "HDTalking..."!!! Why lose 10 or 15 lbs when an additional 20 or 30 Horsepower will do just fine? :newsmile100: