free website stats program HD Talking Garage Session | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Talking Garage Session

Scrounger

I live in the Lehigh Valley of PA (Nazareth) and have offered up my trailer to a few members that needed to pick up bikes. I know we have the scam busters that folks have volunteered to check out bikes that are for sale but what about a Garage Session or basically a mechanical session where members can get together and bolt on goodies. RichardS suggested it once and I think its a great idea.

I'm looking for help on installing a chrome front end and chrome switch/brake/clutch housings. It can be done at the members garage or at someones garage that has a lift and boat loads of tools. Have a bunch of guys ride over and you can get a ton of work done, have a few beers, and even grill a dead cow too.

Anyone interested in participating? I'm good at electrical, but of the other stuff is not my strong point.

I certainly would be in Matthew, if I was in your area... great idea - Good luck!

Jon

Jon

We did this all the time when I was on a FJR with the FJR forum guys. We had a guy ride up from FLORIDA for the weekend to hang out with us. I did many an exhaust system and other electrical goodies with fellow riders.

regional meets / rides or simple state gatherings i know its been disc, just thinkin.garage sesions good idea also....personaly i have worker on bikes alot, this time of my life i want to see the country..2 cents.,.,.,.ride safe..all..

Matthew, I live in Easton and think it is a great idea, unfortunately for me most weekends are shot as my wife just had our 3rd child, but if you are doing one and by chance I have some time I am definitely game to come help out, or have guys over. One day my time will free up so keep me posted if these are ever planned. I have a lift and a good bit of tools (just no beer allowed at my house).

The no beer helps to ensure that it is all done correct too. :) I can manage one during the week too but not everyone can do that. I'm on a no beer kick right now since I'm trying to make the Ultra faster by loosing weight. :newsmile061:

Scrounger, tell us how that works out for you...kinda hard to say less is more when you have a bagger, when adding chrome and storage is sooooo satisfying, the Stage one upgrades following soon after...cause we all know "--sometimes the thinner wallet helps in that diet plan approach...!":s

Oh yeah...now were "HDTimeline..."!!! Why lose 10 or 15 lbs when an additional 20 or 30 Horsepower will do just fine? :newsmile100:

Back