free website stats program HD Sun Ray Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Sun Ray Seat

Harley38

I have a question regarding the HD Sun Ray seat.

Dealer added it to my Ultra Limited, so it came with the bike. I did get them to knock that cost off since it is an $800 seat and I wouldn't of bought it.

Now that it is cooler, I have had the seat on a couple times, but doesn't feel warm or hot, even on the high setting. I took off the seat and it is plugged in.

How warm do the seats get? Is it as warm as the heated grips? I can feel those just fine with the setting only on 2. It was probably in the mid 40s nad I couldn't feel any heat in the seat. :D

If anyone has this seat I would like to hear what you think and how warm it gets, maybe mine is broken?

Thanks.

There is a good possibilty that the degree of heat is in direct relation to the cold outside. Like if turned on and 40 degrees outside seat would be warm. If outside temp was 30 then seat would be hot...

There is a good possibilty that the degree of heat is in direct relation to the cold outside. Like if turned on and 40 degrees outside seat would be warm. If outside temp was 30 then seat would be hot...

Thanks, never thought of that. Will keep riding and see what happens.

So quick update, yes, one needs to have the ACC switch in the ON position for the seat to heat......:small3d029:

Not sure why I didn't think the seat was part of the ACC circuit, oh well.

FYI, the Sun Ray seat gets nice a warm on a 45 degree day.

Back