HD Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by DelawhereNightsterGuy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. DelawhereNightsterGuy

DelawhereNightsterGuy Active Member

Question, are the Screamin' Eagle Triple Platinum Performance Spark Plug (HD P/N 32996-01) any better than what came stock on my Nightster? :hii

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Nope, they just last longer. Once the mixture is ignited it's all over and one plug doesn't ignite it any better than another. As long as there is a spark, it's all history then.

3. DelawhereNightsterGuy

DelawhereNightsterGuy Active Member

Gracias! :bigsmiley12:

4. roaddawg4life

roaddawg4life Member

now i have got a question on spark plugs for you glider or hobbit
    inthe past when i had my shovel heads i ran bosch platiums in them cause like hobbit said thay lasted much longer .now i wanted to run them in my evo and ever one tells me you cant run them in a evo cause thay get to hot in the evo and the platium tips will shatter and break is this for real?
    so a aluminum evo runs hotter then a iron shovel head that just dont seem right to me if you could clear this up for me it would be great

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Plugs have a heat range as you probably know and if you stay in the correct heat range for the motor, there shouldn't be any problems that I am aware of here.

6. roaddawg4life

roaddawg4life Member

thanks glider i didnt think i was getting the straigt dope ,but just wanted to make sure