free website stats program HD Security System | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Security System

I plan to purchase a 2010 Dyna Fat Bob at the end of this month. I am trying to determine whether the factory security system is worth the $370 investment. Can others share good and bad experiences with the system? In particular, anyone been stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to start the bike?

Thanks.

Rob, welcome to the HDTimeline forum. As you have found, there are many fellow HD riders who will help you enjoy your riding experience. Since you are buying the bike new...why not ask that it be "-thrown in to the negotiated price"...it is worth the price of admission...or at least the immobilizer part. The audiible alarm module is a "measly $100" and yes the pager is extra, but hey, the key part...TSSM (hosts the immobilizer, antenna and two fobs sync'd and is fundamental part)...the rest takes about 1 hour, which you can do your self...look in the Self Help tab near the top to find step by step PDF file by Glider to help you do it yourself. Or use the Search tab using keywords to find threads to help you. Good luck and keep us informed on what deal you were able to come up with. :newsmile082:

Last edited:
To answer my own question I just found out....

The 2010 alarm coding IS different but easier then the 2004 instructions so I have been told by the mechanics at the shop. Still need to try.

Question?

Does anyone know if the 2004 instructions listed above in previous email is the same in 2010 model?

Previous email>>>>
Read this.

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) - Harley Davidson Community

I didn't get the factory alarm when I bought my bike, but it's getting installed as I write this. Motion sensor, pager, and siren. I decided to install it a few weeks ago when I came back to my bike to two guys (non bikers) arguing ACROSS my bike, one on each side, waving cigarettes at each other as the ashes fell all over the seat and about to come to blows. If a "pro" wants your bike I think it's gone, but at least it might keep the bone heads away or warn you if something stupid happens.

I have factory alarm but not siren. I ordered siren (w/o pager) and understood it was plug and play. Well I got the siren and instructions but my 2010 EC classis seems to be different. Instructions say install right side but fuses and slot are on left side. Also the dummy plug is on left side but the siren does not fit into slot designed for it. I am sure the siren is the correct one too as per dealer.

Anyone have siren on 2010 EC classic and can to post pics or email direct to me, would be nice thanks. my buddy just installed his on 07 EC ultra as per instructions. (right side).

Any ideas? Thanks for help. one can Learn alot from the forum.

I am using a Digital Guard Dawg. Simple install, just remove starter relay and supply 12 volt power. Walk away from the bike and it disable the starting circuit. Come back to bike and jiggle the fob and starting circuit is enabled. I bought it for piece of mind when at the gas pumps and you have to leave the bike to pay for fuel or when you are just too lazy to lock the ignition. If a thief wants your bike bad enough he will get it. With the DGD you can bump start the bike, it does not dsable the ignition circuit, just the starter. Cost is about $150 on the internet.
kemo

Hey Glider Thanks, the pictures help and yes it is a very tight fit, had to move modual around inside slot for clips to accept siren and not break. Now to let it charge. I already feel better knowing if someone messes with my bike I will be alerted.

thanks again.

I installed the Siren II and like it. The Range on the pager is terrible once you go inside a commercial building. Open air range is not bad, but once behind a wall it is dead.

So much for being in a Shopping Mall or Movie theater.
Have others notice the "polling light" on the pager goes blank once behind a thick building wall.

Hoop!

Back