free website stats program Hd security system won't disarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Hd security system won't disarm

jdatbs

Hi all,
I rode my bike about two weeks ago, up to the gas station, filled the tank, rode it home, parked it in the garage. Today I went out to the garage to start it and the alarm wouldn't disarm. System is totally disabled. Red key shaped light on speedometer stays lit, turn signal indicators flash on and off, etc. It did this with both fobs present, one at a time. Is it possible that both my fob batteries went dead at the same time? Or has someone experienced this and found it to be related to the bike rather than the fob?
thanks

It is possible that both batteries are bad...but the more real question is, did the HD dealer you brought the bike from program a manual code. If it was the local HD dealer, all you need is valid registration and VIN# and go in with the fobs and bike if at all possible IF necessary. A new TSSM may be required if you cannot find the OEM HD dealer to unlock serial number if the new batteries do not fix the problem.

The reciever is under the seat, you might try setting both FOB's on the seat, if their weak it might help. If not you can disarm the bike with the PIN number you entered when you bought the bike (how to is in the back of your owners handbook)and if you didn't change the PIN, the most common codes I have found dealers enter are 3-1-3-1-3, 1-1-1-1-1 or the last 5 of the VIN. The dealer has to enter a PIN # at PDI to program the FOB's. Good luck

Back