free website stats program HD Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather Question | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather Question

I looked around the forum and didn't see anything related to my question so if this question has already been asked, I apologize. I have a Stage 1 kit, power commander, and V&H Big Shot Staggards on my 2002 Deuce and want to put on a Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather. I already had the power commander mapped for the stage 1 kit and V&H exhaust. My question is when I put on the heavy breather, do I need to do ECM calibration? Thanks for any help.

crossfire3006

I have a 2008 Road King with the screaming eagle cone K@N style exposed breather, also true dual Rienharts, with the high prefomence baffels. I have had to make no cem adjustments, It will compensate it self for the larger amount of air intake and output. I know its been a big topic about adding a power unit or not. Everything I have tried, read, and talked to people about its not needed.
My 2 cents

While this is partially true about it compensating itself, it compensates back to the very lean mixtures that EPA has imposed on us. Added fuel will make it run much better and a bit cooler as well.

I just bought the HD Heave Brether for my '05 Fatboy carburated,
I havent put it on yet, im waiting for my new pipes to come in and
im going to do it all at once, I am told I need to re-jet my carb from 45mm to 48mm.

Back