free website stats program HD rental bikes, anybody purchase one? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD rental bikes, anybody purchase one?

end of model year got my 09 ultra 19,300 new from ebay broker has contacs w/ dealers wanting to get last years models off floor. I think i got agood deal. Around here dealer wanted 23,000

I have a friend that purchased an 09 SG at the end of this summer. It is a nice bike with no visible abuse. It is mostly stock w/ 11,000 miles, he paid $14,500.00 I would take that deal if I hadn't bought one last March. I paid $5,000.00 more than that.
I personally don't think most rental bikes are abused, they may be driven hard but I'm sure most of us drive our bikes hard from time to time. The ECM won't let bikes be over revved and a test drive and a close inspection will show up alot of potential problems, plus his bike still has 12 months of warranty for any problems to show up.

Yes, actually I recently purchased an 09 Ultra rental bike. Local dealer had many to choose from and I picked the best one available. Approx. 4k below cost of new comparable bike, w/abs. Great condition, 10k on the clock, new tires and brake pads, all service records and warranty for remainder of 2 year. I know some people don't treat rentals as their own but if problems occur I will find it and have HD make it right under warranty. So far I think it has been a great way to go...stay tuned.

Thanks for all the advise, presently looking at getting a price on a 2009 RKC and SG, I'll see what the dealer comes up with..............:57:

Back