free website stats program HD reach seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD reach seat

My son had a reach seat on his road king and it was alright for him, he had a 2:swoon:newsmile011:9" inseame but the thing is very unconfortable to me. May I recomend Mean City cycle to redo her seat and keep the warmer and it will be a lot cheaper the a new seat.

I can let you know in a few days,I have just ordered one for my 04 roadking. Will post in a few days how well it works and how it feels.

I'm 5'4" and just installed the Reach Seat (52609-05) on my Road King Classic. Not able to go riding at this time so can't tell you much about the seat's comfort. I just had enough time to install it and sit on the bike for a couple minutes. It seems to feel similar to the stock seat. It does move you a bit closer to the controls, which I didn't need but don't think should be an issue. I'll see how it feels once I can ride it. I am a bit disappointed, though. Prior to removing the stock seat, I carefully gauged where my toes and heels touched. I was able to place both toes or both heels simultaneously on the floor. I figured the extra 1" -1.5" claimed in the seat description should allow me to flat-foot it. Once installed, the seat didn't seem to make a difference. Not sure if I have to wear the seat in or something similar. If someone knows, please let me know. Otherwise looks like my next move is to lower the back with Progressive shocks. This was my initial plan as I liked the stock seat's design, but figured changing the seat would be easier.

I have a reach seat on my 09 UC and I love it. Wife and I have gone nearly 1K miles in a day and yes, we had sore butts but the next day we were right back in the saddle. It got me closer to the bars and the ground, that was the best thing about it. good luck.

When I bought the lower rear shock kit I asked about the fork lowering kit and the service rep at the dealer told me if you put the fork kit in you have to put the rear kit on. However if you put the rear shocks on you don't have to put the fork kit in(unless you wan to). I read the accessory book and it does say with the fork kit you need to use the lower shocks, but it doesn't say anything about if you use the rear shocks. Apparently the lower front end affects the handling, but the lower rear end doesn't?
I lowered the rear of my 1980 FLT. It brought the bike down to where I was more comfortable but it never felt right. I then put in the White Bros front springs and the bike handled like it was on rails. It handled like a sport bike. I later put in heavied fork oil because I did from time to time bottom the forks.

Back