free website stats program HD oil cooler install question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD oil cooler install question

These ideas all sound like the ones I have used most of my life, taught to me by my best friend and master of southern engineering, my Dad. That be 70 years ago, and they still work. Only thing is, the art of southern engineering is a dying skill with everything being throw away and everyone going techy anymore. No creativity. In the wind.

Pops

Try finding a 7/16 nut used to adapt two 'all-threads' together. They are usually found in the electrical department. They are used to hang conduits and pipes from the ceiling. They are a extra long nut, usually about 1 1/2 inches long and are threaded all the way through. I don't know what they are called, connector nut maybe, so that's the reason for the long description. If you can find one of these, then all you need is a 7/16 socket and your problem is solved. Just insert the 'connector nut' into the socket and you instantly have a 7/16 allen.

Well got the cooler fins section of my new HD oil cooler all bolted on now that my new motor mount came in and got it installed.
Went to finish up and install the oil filter adaptor and discovered the screw in adaptor was larger than any hex in my toolbox.
So jumped in the truck and went to H.F. , 3 auto parts stores, and then Sears but struck out at all 3. Seems 7/16" is the size the sets choose to leave out, and the largest single anybody in town sells is 3/8".
Came home went online and found one set at Amazon that includes the 7/16", in a socket set which is good since I can torque it. But was really hoping to ride tomorrow.
Where did you guys get this particular scarce item ?
And what size am I going to need to adjust my clutch?

Try an 11 mm, should do the trick

Back