free website stats program HD Museum in Milwaukee - Awesome!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Museum in Milwaukee - Awesome!!!

larryjmiller

On vacation visiting my sister in Crystal Lake Il and attending a reunion here. Drove up to Milwaukee today with the wife (in the rental cage). I forgot how beautiful northern Illinois and the Wisconsin countryside are. Bikes of all kinds on the road, nary a helmet in sight, lots of HDs.

Went to the HD museum today and it was great. Took a ton of pics. The wife saw the bikes only No Cages parking sign and said "what is a cage"? I thought I was going to fall over with laughter.

Had dinner and a stein of beer at Mader's world famous german restaurant. Saw a signed picture on the wall of Baron Von Raschke, remember the "claw"? Driving back to the hotel stopped at a "Dog n Suds" drive in with real car hops. Only 13 left in the entire country. Great vacation but next summer it's Sturgis - on the bike of course!

sounds like a great trip, don't know bout Illinois but yeah Wisconsin is very scenic at times ;)

Smitty, our family used to take vacations to Madison, the Dells, Devil's lake campground quite a bit and if that's western WI, you're right on! We'd have gone there but the HD museum is in Milwaukee. Plus, I seem to remember Door County in the east is pretty cool too. Great state in the summer but man, it was hot yesterday and today although we did get some rain, lightening and thunder this evening which I real do miss (once in a while). I looked at the thermo and it said it was a balmy 65 - 70 in L.A. I have the bikes on the trickle chargers ready to go when I get back. I left a few days open for some serious riding up the coast. I hope the heat doesn't follow us back there. hahahahahahaha

We stopped there on our way to Sturgis last year. It was well worth the day stop-over and detour to see it.

Back