free website stats program HD Heavy Breather Install - 2011 FLHX 103 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Heavy Breather Install - 2011 FLHX 103

VMGR252Nav

Apologies if this question was asked and answered previously. Put V&H Big Shots on last week. Runs and sounds great. Planning to put on the HD Heavy Breather Kit today and after reading the instructions am wondering if the warnings are a little "over the top" with regards to recalibrating the ECM before starting the bike. I plan on having the dealer do so within a 100 miles or so but want to get it on and ride it a bit first. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks Glide and Smitty. Will get to the TFI soon...just didn't want to foul anything up in the mean time...

you probably could ride it a bit and not damage the engine now if you put 10,000 miles on with this lean condition yea you might hurt it.with that said,you will not be happy with the performance running that lean. power surges, popping/back firing on decel it just generally will not run good i'd recommend holding off on the install of the heavy breather until your TFI arrives
i'm running a tfi,big sucker,bub exhaust,Andrews 21 cams and my RK runs perfect

Back