HD "Get a Grip" Grips

Discussion in 'Harley Davidson Product Review' started by Dr.Evil, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Put these on a week ago and I LOVE them. The curved fit on your hands is fantastic.

Attached Files:

• GAG.jpg
      GAG.jpg
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I might have to take a look @ these now too. Was thinking about switching to Avon grips this coming winter break, but these look/sound tempting...

3. redcad

redcad Member

Always wantd to know why curved, comfortable grips don't come standard.

Oh yeah! To keep the price down on the bike. :s

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Iceman24, I can vouch for the comfort of the Avon's and this offering from HD looks very much the same. Bet they are every bit as comfy.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Formed soft grips like the Get a Grips or the Aileron type are really nice, but for about $40 less the H-D Contour Grips I have are really good too...

[​IMG]

I have noticed a lot of grips have knurled metal...wears out gloves and unyielding in your hands, making them tingle after awhile...we do have a vibrating V-Twin down there and vibration at the bars, coupled with long hours with your hands wrapped around the "business" end makes finding grips just as personal choice as gloves and other riding gear. Only way to "really" know is to use 'em and decide after a year if your choice was the "right" one. :s

6. cowpoke

cowpoke Member

Right, you got to try em and see if they fit the bill

7. Brad214

Brad214 Member

I got these last summer. I had the Harley ailerons for years, they were great, but the "get-a-grip's" are not only more comfortable, but in the rain they don't lose any traction. Improved comfort and safety gets my vote !!!

8. softail41

softail41 Active Member

I had a set of these put on my bike at the 1000mi service and I can't believe the difference! The contoured feel makes a huge difference in comfort and they look good, too.

9. Qsky

Qsky Member

Try searching for "Grip Puppies" online. $10.00 or $12.00 and they work great. They fit over stock hard rubber grips

10. HD4ME!

HD4ME! Active Member

To keep the price down on the bike, now that is funny! :lolrolling