free website stats program HD garage door opener problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD garage door opener problems

This is a known problem with the newer openers. The older openers used a simple "doorbell" style button in the garage to open them. The HD receiver (and most other aftermarket devices) use simple dry contact relay outputs that essentially short out the wires when you activate them. The newer openers now use intelligent wall controls and there's now 12V DC on the wires, along with data. Using the HD receiver shorts out this DC voltage and doesn't open the door. It won't hurt the opener, but it just doesn't work. There are some interfaces that make your receiver work properly with the newer openers. I can't post URL's here (not enough posts), but do a Google search for "Creative Access Solutions" and you'll find what you need.

When I got my opener back in 03 I hooked the receiver wires to the wall mount control that came with the Craftsman garage door opener. I moved into a new house a few yrs ago and hooked it up the same way with the new Genie garage doors wall control. When I got the new bike in September it came pre installed on the bike, but I did have to change the receiver as the transmitter on the new bike wasn't paired with the old receiver. By doing this way all you need to do is pair the transmitter and receiver, and do nothing with the door opener unit.
WAP.gif

Back