free website stats program HD Finance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Finance

What I did was got the financeing through Harley and when I got the title I went to my local credit union and refinanced it through them.

Have times changed? I thought you did not get the title until it was paid off. Besides, would not all the up front application fees and process fees be lost and you would most likely pay them again to the credit union. (??..I don't have a credit union)

When I buy my next HD it will be usedd, I will do the inspection, and I'll pay cash. Even if I have to borrow it somewhere else ahead of time...

Cash at an HD Dealer doesn't do you much good on price at least on the new bikes... sure helps at a car dealer though! Its the only way I shop for cars. Last one was my wife's 05' Wrangler. Did my homework, then found the one we wanted. Did the test drive, then offered 5 grand under KBB private price. The dealer said NO WAY! I showed the cash... after about a half hour of me trying to leave, they finally broke me. We settled for $100 over my initial offer. It was either that or they had to break one of my hundreds so I could pay a buck for the cup of coffee they gave me, lol.

I have found the best method for me is to arrange the financing before I go to make the deal, whether is a car, motorcycle or whatever. Cuts down on odds of making an expensive mistake...

Here in Michigan You receive the title, but with the lender as the lein holder until it is paid for. No other fees for doing it with them

Here in Michigan You receive the title,

No kidding, they send you the title before you really own it. I would think you would then have to get the title stamped "satisfied" or paid in full once you make the last payment. That does surprise me.

In my life i have only had 2 new bikes the rest have been used and i have always bought with cash i find it easier to save for something i want than to pay for something i have had for a couple of years
i have managed to save for my last 3 cars and am currently saving for my next big purchase and i will know what it is when it tells me to buy it

Brian

I am in the "pay cash" group. When I see a rate like 23%, in 3 years that is flat our robbery in my opinion.

I also believe that the whole idea of "building credit" is completely bogus. Think about it.
I have never experienced it when I was young. I never had a credit card, never had a car loan. Only thing I ever financed was my house. Not a problem.

I didn't know it was that high.
When I bought my bike I ask the Salesman about the HD finance and he told me not to ask unless every thing else failed.
At lease that was nice of him to not waste my time.

When I bought my Fatboy I had financing through my bank at 7% +/- but they would not finance the extended warrenty. The dealer set me up at another bank that would finance the warrenty and got me a lower rate 6.24.

Even though your son is doing great w/his finances - HD credit saw him as a risk + older/used bike = high rate. They're only in it for "their" best interest and you'll want to take business to your bank, or CU. Good to check out their offer, but bad to take it - not worth the added charges at all.

Back