free website stats program HD decals over new paint job? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD decals over new paint job?

I think it would be too big Karl. Hey, my ancestors (Dad's side) came from Norway. Do you guys really eat lutefisk like some of us Norskie's do here? I really don't like the stuff but pretend I do. LOL! Doug
Love the lefsa though!

Hey Doug
That's cool - I understand that there are quite some few Norwegian descendants in Wisconsin. I would really love to visit one day - been around some places in the US, but not yet in your home state. I hear it is a bit like home, except more space... Mountains, valleys, fur trees and the sea (or the Lakes, for your part)
Just to keep off topic;) Lutefisk - For my part, I really don't like the stuff but pretend I do (heh, heh we're just the same!) Only exeption is when forced down with the right amount of akevitt (but then again, with that stuff anything goes down...)!
As for you paint job - democracy rules; you should let it sit for a while and see how it feels and looks.

I shall do just that boys...finish it up and let it sit before doing something I might regret. Appreciate all the input! Thanks, Doug

No mountains in this state Karl but wide open spaces especially here in the north. I like it that way. Good sized beautiful hills in the southwest part where I came from originally. lots of Norskies and Germans down that way. (They didn't always get along very well). Just mostly Germans up here.

I would not do a decal. However, there might be a nice set of chrome emblems of some sort that would fit. J&P Cycles has a large collection to choose from, if I remember correctly. I like the no decal look best.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks Rich. Will check it out. I'm "toying" with the idea (If I want something to "set it off" more) of the magnetic type if I could find something I liked. For now, it does look great just with the new paint so will leave it alone and see. Waiting on my wheels (fat spokes), and buying a Forcewinder air cleaner. Will be about done by then and get some pics up.
BTW, I got the tank and fenders on as I've said and apparently I did it right...LOL! Fired right up and no gas leaks. Has a Kuryakyn hypercharger on it now that came with the bike. I won't buy anymore of that Kuryakyn "junk". Poor quality chrome and is bubbling up in one small spot BUT...I SEE IT! Just my $0.02 on Kuryakyn stuff....China, Taiwan? No doubt! Doug

Hey Rich, am thinking about getting out of the frozen tundra after the first of the year and have wanted to see Tombstone for some time. Is it even SAFE to go down by that border anymore?? Don't sound like it by what I see on the news??

I think it would be too big Karl. Hey, my ancestors (Dad's side) came from Norway. Do you guys really eat lutefisk like some of us Norskie's do here? I really don't like the stuff but pretend I do. LOL! Doug
Love the lefsa though!

Okay, I am with Steve07 regarding prepping tank to make sure the decals stick and then clear coating to make sure everything stays and is not a "lump" that will peel off sometime in the future...:57:

Doug...I am kinda worried about eating something I can't spell...what are those "international delicacy's"?:25:

Thanks Rich. Will check it out. I'm "toying" with the idea (If I want something to "set it off" more) of the magnetic type if I could find something I liked. For now, it does look great just with the new paint so will leave it alone and see. Waiting on my wheels (fat spokes), and buying a Forcewinder air cleaner. Will be about done by then and get some pics up.
BTW, I got the tank and fenders on as I've said and apparently I did it right...LOL! Fired right up and no gas leaks. Has a Kuryakyn hypercharger on it now that came with the bike. I won't buy anymore of that Kuryakyn "junk". Poor quality chrome and is bubbling up in one small spot BUT...I SEE IT! Just my $0.02 on Kuryakyn stuff....China, Taiwan? No doubt! Doug

Hey Rich, am thinking about getting out of the frozen tundra after the first of the year and have wanted to see Tombstone for some time. Is it even SAFE to go down by that border anymore?? Don't sound like it by what I see on the news??
Doug,
Give me a holler when you know when and I'll see what I can do to get the club to make a run there. There is no issue with safety. There are several places to rent a scoot when you get here...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Doug,
Give me a holler when you know when and I'll see what I can do to get the club to make a run there. There is no issue with safety. There are several places to rent a scoot when you get here...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Cool! Will do Rich. Not sure where we'll be heading. Arizona? (LOOOOG drive from here), Mississippi? Just not sure yet but will let ya know. Thanks!
HD74: Lutefisk is a codfish soaked in lye or something terrible. Smells awful and tastes about as bad BUT it's a tradition and with so many Norskies in my family in bygone years, I sucked it up and ate the stuff. Nasty! The lefsa is a flat bread kinda like pita bread and I do like that. Roll up some Swedish meatballs (sposed to be the fish) and it's good...or just put butter on it and eat it plain.

Stickers are for helmets... JMO

I would not put ANYTHING on your tin. No advertisements! If people dont know what it is they can ask. Great way to meet and greet

Cool! Will do Rich. Not sure where we'll be heading. Arizona? (LOOOOG drive from here), Mississippi? Just not sure yet but will let ya know. Thanks!
HD74: Lutefisk is a codfish soaked in lye or something terrible. Smells awful and tastes about as bad BUT it's a tradition and with so many Norskies in my family in bygone years, I sucked it up and ate the stuff. Nasty! The lefsa is a flat bread kinda like pita bread and I do like that. Roll up some Swedish meatballs (sposed to be the fish) and it's good...or just put butter on it and eat it plain.

Almost spilled coffee all over my keyboard...maybe the lye remnants from the tank paint job perhaps...? :D Thanks for the heads up on the Lutefisk...I think I'll pass:newsmile030:

Back