free website stats program HD Aux Brake/RUN/Turn Signal kit PROBLEMS!! | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Aux Brake/RUN/Turn Signal kit PROBLEMS!!

dc3plt1

HI ALL!!

Well, here's what we have.

2009 Fatboy / Tmaxx / stock

I installed the HD Auxiliary brake/run/turn signal conversion kit #69462-06A. Seemed easy enough, its a "plug and play" system.

NOW the left turn signals work fine for about 5 seconds then flash rapidly like a burned bulb. All the bulbs are fine and the system works as advertised other than this.

Do we think the Tmaxx has anything to do with this or should I look somewhere else?

I really like the look of the red running/brake lights just need it to work properly.

I appreciate all your input!!!!!!!!!

MC

How long has the RTS module been on the bike? Pull the seat and make sure no wires or the module itself is getting pinched or squashed. Last thing added is first thing suspected.

Try turning on the ignition and press the left directional switch and let it blink over 5 times and do the same for the right side. The TSSM/TSM sometimes will adjust to a varying load. Also make sure when it starts blinking faster that the bulbs are still both blinking front and rear, you may have a swinging element in a bulb which the TSSM/TSM interprets as a bad bulb.

You will sometimes set DTC code when this happens which gives you a light on the dash after start up.

You'll find the procedure for checking the codes here...

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related Issues

I would disconnect the module and see if everything works the way it should without it. If it does then you have a bad unit, if it does not, the bike is still under warranty, send it in for service.

I had the same result after my install.Turn on your 4 ways and re-try each signal again.I would think that the computer is re-learning the new set-up.You should be fine

Back