free website stats program HCC bagger apes vs. Wild 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

HCC bagger apes vs. Wild 1

Hey guys I'm looking to order some bagger apes for my 08' street glide and I have a few questions. Can't decide between the 12" hill country custom bars or the 12.5" wild 1 bars. The wild 1's are $100 more but my motto is you get what you pay for. Just wondering if anyone has tried the hcc bars and how do you like them. Brian from hcc has been a huge help and they sound like great people to work with.
My other question is for bleeding the abs break line. I was told by the dealer that they can install just the break line for a small fee of $150(rip-off). Everyone else I talked to said that it isn't necessary. I can bleed them myself and get it close and then the dealer can just bleed them properly and it should only take a few minutes. I also heard about reverse bleeding but don't know too much about it. Any tips would be great.

Can't comment on the hcc's having never tried them but just had Wild 1 14" bagger apes installed on my '09 Ultra and they are AWESOME. They make a great product...well worth the money. Had a set of their 16" on my Heritage previously and loved them too.

I'm interested to see what desicion you make as Iam considering putting a set on my '09 RKC but not sure which ones to get or what size? If you could post pics once you install them Id appreciate it. Not sure if 14" or 16" is better or if its thats big of a difference.

I installed 14" Wild Ones on my 07 Road King Classic and they are by far the most solid, highest quality, most comfortable and best looking bars I've ever run, highly recommended.

I've also got wild 1's 16's and the quality is excellent. What ever bars you end up with make it a point if you go with your control wires in the bar that they have done a good job de-burring the holes. Wild 1s are a high standard with clean well built bars. Good luck

I put the HCC 14in bars on this past winter, bought the package deal of bars, cables & extension wires. Pretty easy deal over all, just took my time, bought a shop manual. Maybe I can post some pics tomorrow.

I installed the 12" HCC bagger bars on my ultra. The quality and finish is awesome and they are very comfortable.

Back