free website stats program Hayden M6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hayden M6

90FXRS

Contributor
Since the weather here (EDIT) it's time for some maintenance and other stuff on the bike. I got a Hayden M6 from a friend who sold his bike and never put it in.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this unit and any suggestions, tips or warnings?

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this as I was heading out the door to the garage. It's installed. Had to grind a little on the shim to get it to slide all the way against the C-bracket. The instructions say this might have to be done.

It keeps more tension on the chain as compared to the stock adjuster......I guess this is where the springs come into play as things heat up.

The scooter has 30K on it. Only took one shim, the thin one, to get the 5/8" from shoe to shim.

Do you detect a different noise with the M6 from the primary? I know when I installed mine it created a different sound for the primary. Part of it being that mine was acceptable on the tight side of the tolerance with out shims. Like you, I discovered the chain to be tighter than the by the book adjustment. It still has a different sound to it. that I thought I would get used too.

Bodeen, I haven't lit fire to the wires yet. I forgot to go past NAPA and get the ATF for the primary. Rivera Primo Pro Clutch........ATF.

Bodeen, I haven't lit fire to the wires yet. I forgot to go past NAPA and get the ATF for the primary. Rivera Primo Pro Clutch........ATF.

Let us know, I would be interested if you can hear the difference in the primary sound.

Definitely sounds different. I called Hayden and they said it would take a couple hundred miles to seat the chain to the shoe.

Probably be my last post.

Mine did quiet some after a few hundred miles. It still has a different sound that I have grown used to. Like I stated before mine was at the tight side of the spec with no shims. That alone would cause a little more noise.

Probably be my last post.[/QUOTE]
Question? last post? What does that mean?
Curious:s

Back