free website stats program Hawg Wired Stereo System Installed | Harley Davidson Forums

Hawg Wired Stereo System Installed

09GLDR

Just finished installing my new Hawg Wired DCS/SX Direct Connect 120 watt (2x60) Stereo Amplifier and Speakers. What an easy install, remove front fairing, mount the amp. on top of the head unit with the double sided velcro (supplied). Replace the factory speakers with the 4 ohm speakers, a easy direct swap. The wire harness supplied with the amp is a direct plug and play, no splicing or soldering. Plug in the supplied speakers with the factory wires you took off your OEM speakers, and thats it. WOW!! what a difference in sound, it was a bit on the pricey side but if you like hearing your music while on the highway at high speeds this is it. I was doing about 85 on the highway and only had it at half volume, was very crisp and clear.

Hawg Wired Install 006.jpg
Hawg Wired Install 005.jpg

Honestly, I was impressed with the bass coming from 5.25" speakers. my passenger is very happy!

Very cool 09G...I think a lot of riders will like this post, an "anemic" sounding stereo is not very good when riding at speed...even in a cager, where the acoustics are better controlled.

Eh,Hobbit...! over 90 kph or mph? :lolrolling

Last edited:
$675.90 and then I opted for the 3 day delivery option (it came in 2) which was $33.10 for a total of $709.00...ya a little pricey, but the sound is so much better and clearer than the OEM stereo. Hawg Wired.com is the website I purchased it from and Paul Yaffe carries the same products at his website baggernation.com

I have a friend of mine that was telling me he put Hawg pro speakers in his Roadglide and gets awesome sound now. Said he paid $250. Still trying to figure out what speakers i want to go with on my SG.:bigsmiley10:

If he just bought the speakers, that may be about right. The price I quoted below was for the 120 watt amp and a set of speakers. Before I bought the Hawg Wired sys. I purchased a set of J&M Audio speakers Part Number HCUS-06GT off of E-bay for right at 99.00, these speakers were an upgrade from the factory ones, they have a tweeter built in to the speaker grill. You may want to check them out.

Back