free website stats program hawaii | Harley Davidson Forums

hawaii

we are going to hawaii and want to rent a bike for 2 days after we have seen pearl harbor to tour the north end of island and wondering if anyone can tell me anything or give me some hints or places to go routes things like that
Thanks for your help

going to Ohau forgot that part

ahh, you're talking about the 'big island', which I already knew from your first post where you mentioned going to Pearl Harbor. I'm really just busting your chops. Sorry. :D

But, I do know that the 'Road to Hana' is a great riding road. If you get to do that one all the way to the end, it actually ends on a dirt road, but it's a cool ride.

My wife and I live on Oahu. I do a lot of interisland work so we are both in and out a lot. If you are going to rent and ride on a Saturday there is a group (Windward HOG) that meets on Saturday ON Sunday there are many other groups that ride. It is great fun to get in with a local group and check out the local scene. It is common to meet and do a "circle island" tour it is about 110 miles and takes three or four hours depnding on what you stop to see. Where are you planing to rent from? Cycle city is about a mile and a half from the airport and we live about another mile from there.

Have you been here before? What else are you interested in seeing?

My wife is retired military (navy) and goes to the base all the time. Maybe we could meet and go for a ride together.

h01waterman...welcome to the HDTimeline forum and your first post. Thank you for your offer helping another fellow rider out...please take the time and explore this website. The tabs near the top of the page will help you to find Self Help tips, the Search one will help you find related threads of interest if you type in keywords. Cheers and enjoy this warm and friendly website for Harley riders and enthusiasts worldwide! Looking foward to interesting and informative posts...cheers. :D

I was fortunate enough to have a cousin in the Marines that is stationed in Hawaii, so while I was traveling to Fiji, I worked my layovers to give me some time to spend on Oahu. :D I absolutely loved it there.

On the tour of the North Shore, (after my 3 hours of attempting to surf at White Plains), we had an awesome lunch at Ted's Bakery on the north side of the island. That is close to Turtle Beach, I love the turtles. :s Otherwise, everything there was awesome. We didn't get to ride but touring in the cage was good enough in my short time there. But, did I mention the food at Ted's was great? :s

Have fun & take lots of pictures.

Back