free website stats program Having to settle for softail ! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Having to settle for softail !

Get what you want to get! If you don't, you will always wish you had.

I have a Fatboy and I love it! I put a Corbin seat on it and I can ride all day with great comfort. I wanted a Fatboy though. Even if you have to wait a while for the Road King, it will be worth it. I would hate to think how much money I have wasted in the past buying something I thought would take the place of what I really wanted. Only to sell it later to get what I should have bought in the first place.

Whatever you pick, you will love it. Once you have that Harley sound, it just sort of changes you.:s

Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Eric

I sure do appreciate all of you taking your time to help me deal with my frustrations of trying to buy a Harley-Davidson. I guess if I hadn't been away from riding for so many years, I'd have a better idea of the problems associated with a purchase like this. I felt like in this day and time it would be so easy; but with 820 pages of the 2009 accessories and parts catalog, they don't really expect you to ride a stock motorcycle, do they? The bottom line I seem to keep getting is if you've got the money, you have pretty much an unlimited number of things that can be done to your motorcycle that will enhance your ego about your purchase. All I want is a stock bike, that I don't have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get it to a point that I feel comfortable riding and my passenger does also. Even after I put my thread on here last night, I found that the passenger foot pegs were between the two exhaust on the fatboy and deluxe. Must be me, seems things like that would have been eliminated years ago. I still want a Harley, so I guess the Custom just jumped to the top of the list. Spent an hour at the dealership this morning going over the only Custom they had in stock. As soon as weather permits, I'm going to rent one for a few days to judge the ride. Thanks again for your time.

Hey, Glad to hear you've made your choice. Not that I hold any prejudice towards the FXSTC, but I do. Just love the thing. I hope that you enjoy riding yours as much as I do mine. Just think, after say a year or.....well, a few months.....or even a few weeks...when you get around to it, you can add a few things to make it just that much more "yours" so that it fits you better. Good luck and ride safe.

Don't they have any dealer ride days in your area? Take advantage of that and if you like one ask them to let you take it overnight. They will require a credit card deposit (refundable) I read your comment about just wanting stock and to keep it stock,Don't decieve yourself it starts out that way,and then.....:D

Love them Softails!
bikeabovelbc2

had a springer softail classic which I could ride all day with no problem
Put 20K on it before I traded from my Street Glide

If you don't want to put ANY money into it definatly don't get the Fatboy. My wife complained about the peg between the pipes too but not nearly as much as the stock seat. It is about worthless after about an hour. This isn't an issue for most because we realize it will be changed when we buy it.

New seat and pipes right off the bat. NOW we got something going.

Here's my Heritage. I love the way she sits and handles.

That is one beauty of a bike Earl. You've got to be lovin' it. I am torn between what I want to get next bike up. (just got my 1st HD in December - a Sporty). I just love the look of the Classic. But some of those Dynas look great too. Spoiled for choice really. But I'm going to get a lot of experience and enjoy the XL first and give it a year or two.

Back