free website stats program Having One of those days | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Having One of those days

Glad to hear from ya.
On the bright side, I found one bottle of beer that didn't freeze:newsmile100:. And there's always the Crown Royal if I really need a shot:s.
QUOTE]

See no matter how bad a day, you know you have won if you find the silver lining!

I know your frustration Hippie. I had my day Tuesday. My water heater had a little drip, so I thought I'd replace it as it's about 15 yrs. old. I bought the same brand and size to insure a trouble free hook up. HA!:p
The new one is 2" larger in diameter than the old one and I had to remove the closet door casing to get it through. It's located under the stairs, and a fat old man trying to sweat copper joints whilst contorted like a 16 yr. old in a VW back seat isn't a pretty sight, or sounds. Bottom line, 3 trips to hardware store and I had hot water again. I thought the closet was ok without a door, but the wife had a different opinion. Plumb and level are only two measurements, but there's 100 ways for one to affect the other. Now I just have to spackle and paint. :newsmile016::newsmile016:

I know your frustration Hippie. I had my day Tuesday. My water heater had a little drip, so I thought I'd replace it as it's about 15 yrs. old. I bought the same brand and size to insure a trouble free hook up. HA!:p
The new one is 2" larger in diameter than the old one and I had to remove the closet door casing to get it through. It's located under the stairs, and a fat old man trying to sweat copper joints whilst contorted like a 16 yr. old in a VW back seat isn't a pretty sight, or sounds. Bottom line, 3 trips to hardware store and I had hot water again. I thought the closet was ok without a door, but the wife had a different opinion. Plumb and level are only two measurements, but there's 100 ways for one to affect the other. Now I just have to spackle and paint. :newsmile016::newsmile016:

And I thought I had a bad day yesterday getting bashed here LOL, aint it funny how our wives always have better ideas LOL:p

I know it's not HD related, but have you ever checked out the Sharkbite fittings vs. sweating copper fittings.

My way to deal with these days is to remember this 3 hour history special I watched one night.

It was about a group; that got private funding to salvage a B-17 Bomber, frozen in 20’ of ice near the Arctic Circle. The only way to get it out was to completely refurbish it and fly it out. It took two years, and they endured the harshest weather and countless road blocks. Everything was hand made or custom built, like the engines and propellers, costing near a million dollars.

All of the team members were good friends, one of them got sick and died. On the day the started the engines and ran the final checks, all was good to go. They taxied to the end of a frozen lake and turned to take off. I am telling you the hair started to stand up on my neck ready to watch this plane lift off.

Well someone forgot to tie the batteries down properly in the rear of the plane, and the vibration tipped them over. The plane caught on fire, the crew jumped out, and it burned to the ground, all the way!

Unless someone, or myself dies during my “bad day”; none of my bad days were ever that bad. I think the battery guy slinked away and was never seen again. How would you like to make that call back to the finance board.

I watched that show Dr. and couldn't believe the bad luck those guys had. All that hard work and the only time it was warm was when the B-29 was burning. That was a bad day.

Back