free website stats program Having One of those days | Harley Davidson Forums

Having One of those days

oldhippie

Do you ever have one of those days where things just don't seem to go right? Well, today's my day.
Started out not too bad. Decided to bring my portable garage up next to my garage so my daughter can park her car in it this winter. Rigged up 2x10 under it to strap them under my trailer and garden tractor, bit of a hassle but no big deal. Got over just behind the garage and parked it there while I went to move the van out of the way. Turn the key in the van and...nothing, not even a door buzzer. Great, get the charger and put it on the battery. Not even a polarity indication on the charger the battery is so dead. To top it off, it went down below freezing last night. Look in the van and find a map light left on from when my youngest used it last Sunday.
Figured I might as well leave it and go work on the Yamahaha dirt bike I bought last Friday. Daughter mentioned something wasn't right with the kickstart or the motor. OK, I give it a try. That crunching sound can't be good. That'll have to wait then.
Decided to check the spare battery I'd taken out of the van last December (the one I froze when I left a map light on:34: but it did come back after thawing and having the Cdn Tire store give it a major charging). Check that voltage; 10.5, well that's useless. Go check the van after 3 hours on charge, 12.5 with the charger still hooked up. Ohoh that can't be good. Figure I froze it last night so I brought it into the house to warm up and I'll put the charger on it again.
I figure this calls for a beer break. Go to the beer fridge and find all my beer frozen with the caps popped:newsmile040::(. Someone had turned it down to the coldest setting.
Great... I'm going for a walk now, hope I don't get hit by a car.:p

Sometimes you know that you just should have stayed in bed for the day
however tomorrow might be better

Brian

As they say, "when it rains, it pours". Hang in there, tomorrow has to be a better day. Today was just a test. If you make it to tomorrow you pass the test.

Sometimes a guy wishes he could skip a day. But tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one for you.

Any body hear from oldhippie yet?
I hate when I have days like that.

Maybe the walk he was talking about was to work. Possible up hill, one way. Might take a while. He will be alright, nothing like a little fresh air.

Any body hear from oldhippie yet?
I hate when I have days like that.

No worries. It's not the first time I've had one of those days and it won't be the last. Just gotta step away, clear the head and figure out a plan of attack.

On the bright side, I found one bottle of beer that didn't freeze:newsmile100:. And there's always the Crown Royal if I really need a shot:s.

As for the Yamahaha, that's what I get for buying someone elses junk. Stuff happens.

Last edited:
Looks like he's back. Glad you found the beer. I'd have to hit that Crown after such a day. Hope your tomorrow is better.

No worries. It's not the first time I've had one of those days and it won't be the last. Just gotta step away, clear the head and figure out a plan of attack.

On the bright side, I found one bottle of beer that didn't freeze:newsmile100:. And there's always the Crown Royal if I really need a shot:s.

As for the Yamahaha, that's what I get for buying someone elses junk. Stuff happens.

Dont scare me like that, glad you have at least one cold one to enjoy:newsmile100:

Back