free website stats program Having a rough day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Having a rough day

My bike is a 2002 super glide.

Wait a minute here...

Doesn't this older bike have a 1/8 pipe threaded plug,,,,, You know, the kind that Leaks and Most have Over tightened...

NO "0" ring here on the old model.

I would suggest to try a White (soft) pipe thread sealer,,, The white stuff and put the plug ONLY into the primary a little Less than FLUSH using the White pipe sealer to harden enough to Hold the pipe threaded plug in place and seal off the Drip.

You can do this with the bike COLD and be Quick Needing some one Else to hold finger over hole until you get plug ready and inserted..

I used to wrap my plug with teflon tape and it did work for me,,, But while on this forum,Glider,Hoople,JackK Taught me the better way. I would do it using the pipe-plumbing-dope.

signed....BUBBIE

I have had the same problem with those sneaky nuts, drop one and it disappears. I blew compressed air in the area, I rode the bike hard and stopped hard in the driveway, I even put the bike on it's side I shook it it and still no nut. Good luck
kemo

Kemo,,,

OH YES THERE WAS A NUT! LOL Haw ha ha ha.....LOL lol

I even know his name LOL

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Pesky little rascals those dropped nuts spent ages looking for one and eventually found it happily sitting in the space between 2 of the engine fins i painted my shed floor light grey in hope that it would be easier to find dropped fasteners worked OK on the old rusty ones but since i started using stainless for everything they seem to blend in with the floor

Brian

Good deal al around , The Clymer manual says 99 and newer Twin cams have the new style drain plug, I had a 02 Superglide that had the new style plug if that helps you Bubbie, Dropping fasteners is a real bummer, I did it @ work today, i dropped an E clip, it blended in with the shop floor, so I used my magnet I always carry and began sweeping the floor under the truck and I found it:s

Good deal al around , The Clymer manual says 99 and newer Twin cams have the new style drain plug, I had a 02 Superglide that had the new style plug if that helps you Bubbie, Dropping fasteners is a real bummer, I did it @ work today, i dropped an E clip, it blended in with the shop floor, so I used my magnet I always carry and began sweeping the floor under the truck and I found it:s

SORRY if I miss led anybody..
My 2000 FXDS had the little magnetic pipe plug that was a bad idea and wasn't sure When HD did the replacement... I thought it was Much later than one year AFTER MY 2000 year..

The "0" ring is easier than my old system..

Thanks for understanding I AM NOT always Right. (.) :bigsmiley27:

signed....BUBBIE

SORRY if I miss led anybody..
My 2000 FXDS had the little magnetic pipe plug that was a bad idea and wasn't sure When HD did the replacement... I thought it was Much later than one year AFTER MY 2000 year..

The "0" ring is easier than my old system..

Thanks for understanding I AM NOT always Right. (.) :bigsmiley27:

signed....BUBBIE

No one is Bubbie, that is why we are here to learn and share, are we going to make some mistakes sure but some one will correct us and we will all learn, Capital Jack:p

Back