free website stats program have you seen this article before | Harley Davidson Forums

have you seen this article before

I refuse to take seriously the opinions of a so called writer that has many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in the above mentioned article.
But hey..... buy my book and I'll teach you how to spell properly.
50% off for Victory or Sportster riders :D

Long read and much of what is detailed can happen and has happened but not to the hyped level that is being given by this guy. If you ride your bike like a race bike that horror story might be true. Hard acceleration, hard deceleration with down shifting will takes its toll. Some misrepresentation of facts and too much doom and gloom, IMO.

My take away was...

• Buy my book
  • Buy a Sportster
  • Buy a Victory
  • The Twin Cam is a bad design
  • The B Twin Cam is worse
  • Change your oil (and buy my book on how to change your oil)
  • Buy an oil cooler
  • There was a lawsuit about heat issue with a Twin Cams (oh my gosh really?)
  • The Cam chain design is wrong (go with gears)
  • The crankshaft is pressed not welded and can come out of true
  • The frame and transmission design are dangerous and will cause wobble
  • Change your oil and buy my book
I will definately not let my bike read this website!! It might get the idea that it should just stay in the garage. :p

That about sums it up. Chances are some riders have experienced one of the "defects" but I think most of us are blissfully ignorant of them and quite frankly could care less as long as they start and run, don't blow up or leave us stranded.
Oh, and don't forget to buy his book.:p Not likely..

Long read and much of what is detailed can happen and has happened but not to the hyped level that is being given by this guy. If you ride your bike like a race bike that horror story might be true. Hard acceleration, hard deceleration with down shifting will takes its toll. Some misrepresentation of facts and too much doom and gloom, IMO.

My take away was...

• Buy my book
  • Buy a Sportster
  • Buy a Victory
  • The Twin Cam is a bad design
  • The B Twin Cam is worse
  • Change your oil (and buy my book on how to change your oil)
  • Buy an oil cooler
  • There was a lawsuit about heat issue with a Twin Cams (oh my gosh really?)
  • The Cam chain design is wrong (go with gears)
  • The crankshaft is pressed not welded and can come out of true
  • The frame and transmission design are dangerous and will cause wobble
  • Change your oil and buy my book
I will definately not let my bike read this website!! It might get the idea that it should just stay in the garage. :p

That about sums it up. Chances are some riders have experienced one of the "defects" but I think most of us are blissfully ignorant of them and quite frankly could care less as long as they start and run, don't blow up or leave us stranded.
Oh, and don't forget to buy his book.:p Not likely..

plus one

This guy is a kook, his wife ran off with a Harley salesman and he is a little bitter.
This article surfaces about once a year.

My cousin has a horse and buggy for sale. This guy need to buy it. He sounds bitter and really needs to sell a book.

I'ts sad that some folks use a scare tactic to sell a book. there are other good bikes out there, but they just ain't a harley.

Back