free website stats program Have you planned any modifications over the winter? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Have you planned any modifications over the winter?

If I do any changes/additions, It'll depend on the part, if HD.
Their 90 warranty can run out while the bike is sitting in the garage.
(Add something in December, by March it's out of warranty and the bike never got out of the garage!)
Harley should rethink their warranty, especially for us winter people.

Not a major mod but I am going to the TFI. I'll wait till winter is almost over to put it in so I won't have to wait as long to test it out. Can't wait to feel the difference.

no mods for me just some tlc have neglected my sporty to look after my wife who had a stroke a couple of months ago.had some power put into garage so i can leave bike on charge.have to replace front fork seals, rear caliper service clean k&n filter, oil change(both)check carb and lastly check starter motor out(getting some strange clunking now & again)might have to bring bike into house so i can keep eye on the wife :)
ride safe
kenw

I finished cleaning 15 years worth of dirt from behind all the lense on my bike.

All it cost was a can of Pledge and my wifes toothbrush. She will never know, as the Pledge did a great job in cleaning her tooth brush ....LOL :)

This winter, relocate front signal lights, (did rear last year for saddle bags) so I can put on 10" mini-apes and think about maybe a fairing in the future...maybe an Ultra Slidester. Also have to do a rear brake rotor. That's it so far.

Okay, got all that in and it sounds great! A good test run today and I will know if I need to tweek the FI2000R fueler.

Back