free website stats program have a question for glyder | Harley Davidson Forums

have a question for glyder

HI glyder this is sportyxl06 I have the washers for the carberator i only found 1/8th in3mm rivit washers so i am going try that the only thing is how do you measure the needle height ? I am going to use a digital caliper you explained that it is 0.50 is that in mm or inches I figure i will just measure the washer thickness or will the 1 washer do fine thank you
John

The pop rivet washers are a bit thicker than the standard washers. There's really no way of measuring the height of the needle accurately. Go with one washer and see if it does the trick. The standard #4 washers would need two washers to gain the height needed to bring in the fuel curve faster.

This is sporty again when I put the pop rivit under the needle I noticed that the spring seat would not fit properly over the pin. So I went with the fiber washers instead they were the # 4 and yes they will fit perfectly under the spring seat I used two washers and the height was at 0.60 with the two
washers together. I changed the low speed jet to the # 46 I started the bike on the stand it sounds great and runs alot better and when I goosed the throttle the motor respondes very good. Tomorrow I will take it on a test run and I will let you know how the bike respondes and how the fuel mixture is working with the new mods thank you for your advice and talk to you soon

john

Well after all this I went with the fiber washers they have a thickness of 0.60
that is with two of them. the rivit washer OD was too big and was interfering with the spring seat so I used the fiber ones and they sat perfectly under the pin and the seat fitted perfectly over the pin I changed the jet to the #46 and the bike runs great and it sounds better I will take it out on a test run tomorrow and I will let you know how it went.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back