Have a pair of stock passenger footboards to sell?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Redman, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Redman

Redman Active Member

I was looking for a pair of stock passenger footboards off of a 09 touring that someone may have replaced and are looking to sell. I have an 09 Flhx and am looking for something more comfortable than the stock pegs...recently saw a pair of plain ol black passenger footboards on the Roadglide and a few other touring bikes...looked to be stock.If by some chance you have ripped these off with the mounting hardware to replace them I would be very interested in purchasing them from you. I realize they dont match the riders but as I told the guy at the parts desk who insisted I buy the matching streamlined ones for the Streetglide at 355.00 ...I really dont care ...not tryiing to win any beauty contests...just want a more comfortable ride for the misses. Thanks for your consideration.:14:

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

$280 from Zanotti or you could check Ebay or Craigslist. They are a lot more comfortable for your passenger. Another of those areas that make you wonder what the MoCo was thinking - oh yeah, they were thinking, "if this guy wants to carry a passenger let's make him spend another thousand bucks on a better seat, backrest, and floorboards!"

3. bigcletus

bigcletus Active Member

Dr Doolittle, you bring up a good point...and one I'd like to comment on.
    Before I do, let me give you some history: I hadn't been on a bike for 22 years..so 4 years ago I took a riding safety course. I then bought a used Yammy Virago to get back into riding (no sense in putting $20-25k on a new Harley - my dream bike..only to drop or crash it due to regenerated inexperience). Early in 08 I bought an 07 RG. I love this bike, however I find it seriously lacking things that should have been included by Harley.

Seat (EDIT), speakers (EDIT), windshield was terrible, pipes were terrible (80/20, what's with that ??). Grips were terrible. Excessive heat..we all know about that , however Harley could have mitigated it by using true duals.

I really like my RG..however these are things Harley could fix with minimum effort. A Harley fresh out of the showroom is probably at 75%...there's no excuse for that..
    Rant over...
    PS
    Did I mention I love my bike ??? lol

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
  4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's one of the reasons if you're looking to buy a bike, you need to seriously consider a slightly used model that might have many of these mods already completed over a new one that you're eventually going to have to sink several thousand additional dollars into.

5. Jick Scott

Jick Scott Member

Yeah, it's not the cost of the new bike I worry about, it's all the after purchase expense. But they want you to personalize it. Spend that money, you need to help the economy. For some reason, I don't think things are as bad as they make you want to believe it is. They don't seem to be coming off that MSRP, they're so proud of.

6. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

I put on a solo from a police special and pulled off my passenger boards... if you are interested in them PM me... they are from a 08 flht

7. Redman

Redman Active Member

Hey all...thanks for the offers and such. Did a trade with a friend of a riding buddy, all good. Thanks again for the responses and offers.:cheers