free website stats program Have a pair of stock passenger footboards to sell? | Harley Davidson Forums

Have a pair of stock passenger footboards to sell?

Redman

I was looking for a pair of stock passenger footboards off of a 09 touring that someone may have replaced and are looking to sell. I have an 09 Flhx and am looking for something more comfortable than the stock pegs...recently saw a pair of plain ol black passenger footboards on the Roadglide and a few other touring bikes...looked to be stock.If by some chance you have ripped these off with the mounting hardware to replace them I would be very interested in purchasing them from you. I realize they dont match the riders but as I told the guy at the parts desk who insisted I buy the matching streamlined ones for the Streetglide at 355.00 ...I really dont care ...not tryiing to win any beauty contests...just want a more comfortable ride for the misses. Thanks for your consideration.:14:

$280 from Zanotti or you could check Ebay or Craigslist. They are a lot more comfortable for your passenger. Another of those areas that make you wonder what the MoCo was thinking - oh yeah, they were thinking, "if this guy wants to carry a passenger let's make him spend another thousand bucks on a better seat, backrest, and floorboards!"

Dr Doolittle, you bring up a good point...and one I'd like to comment on.
Before I do, let me give you some history: I hadn't been on a bike for 22 years..so 4 years ago I took a riding safety course. I then bought a used Yammy Virago to get back into riding (no sense in putting $20-25k on a new Harley - my dream bike..only to drop or crash it due to regenerated inexperience). Early in 08 I bought an 07 RG. I love this bike, however I find it seriously lacking things that should have been included by Harley.

Seat (EDIT), speakers (EDIT), windshield was terrible, pipes were terrible (80/20, what's with that ??). Grips were terrible. Excessive heat..we all know about that , however Harley could have mitigated it by using true duals.

I really like my RG..however these are things Harley could fix with minimum effort. A Harley fresh out of the showroom is probably at 75%...there's no excuse for that..
Rant over...
PS
Did I mention I love my bike ??? lol

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the reasons if you're looking to buy a bike, you need to seriously consider a slightly used model that might have many of these mods already completed over a new one that you're eventually going to have to sink several thousand additional dollars into.

Yeah, it's not the cost of the new bike I worry about, it's all the after purchase expense. But they want you to personalize it. Spend that money, you need to help the economy. For some reason, I don't think things are as bad as they make you want to believe it is. They don't seem to be coming off that MSRP, they're so proud of.

I was looking for a pair of stock passenger footboards off of a 09 touring that someone may have replaced and are looking to sell. I have an 09 Flhx and am looking for something more comfortable than the stock pegs...recently saw a pair of plain ol black passenger footboards on the Roadglide and a few other touring bikes...looked to be stock.If by some chance you have ripped these off with the mounting hardware to replace them I would be very interested in purchasing them from you. I realize they dont match the riders but as I told the guy at the parts desk who insisted I buy the matching streamlined ones for the Streetglide at 355.00 ...I really dont care ...not tryiing to win any beauty contests...just want a more comfortable ride for the misses. Thanks for your consideration.:14:

I put on a solo from a police special and pulled off my passenger boards... if you are interested in them PM me... they are from a 08 flht

Hey all...thanks for the offers and such. Did a trade with a friend of a riding buddy, all good. Thanks again for the responses and offers.:cheers

Back