free website stats program Has anyone used Pro Ma oil additive? | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone used Pro Ma oil additive?

Deuceman144

The subject of what oil to use is obviously much deeper than I first thought and I'm learning heaps tuning in to this board - thanks to all contributors.

M1 VTwin or Amsoil seem to be the overall winners.

I'm not wishing to further complicate matters,, but,,, has anyone used the Pro Ma oil additives in their oil?

I once witnessed a very impressive friction test in which Pro Ma (added to standard 20w/40) significantly, and I mean hugely, reduced the friction between two counter-rotating steel shafts.

Any observations and comments would be appreciated,,,

If you use a quality oil, there's no need for additives. You may find that adding an additive may adversely effect the properties of the oil as it was manufactured.

Take a look at this product.

What about Additives?

Glider, Thanks, Impressive oil article. Still learning ALOT here. I'll stick with H-D oils until I know a lot more. Tracy

P.S. not intending to hijack, But what's a good mileage to switch from reg to syn oil? Thanks

Glider, Thanks---Didn't know they were Chavez products. Have 650 on it now, will be servicing soon. Tracy

Okay, you guys are getting me confused on this oil subject. I have a 1988 FLHS EVO with just over 100K miles. So far every mechanic I have talked to swears by synthetic oils but advises me not to switch. That some of my oil tightness of seals is the sludge that has been pushed into the sealing lips of the seals. That synthetics will clean up those seals and cause them to leak. Oh wise wizards, what say you? I do value your opinions. Fossil

Okay, you guys are getting me confused on this oil subject. I have a 1988 FLHS EVO with just over 100K miles. So far every mechanic I have talked to swears by synthetic oils but advises me not to switch. That some of my oil tightness of seals is the sludge that has been pushed into the sealing lips of the seals. That synthetics will clean up those seals and cause them to leak. Oh wise wizards, what say you? I do value your opinions. Fossil

also if your have no problems with dino-oil after 100k why switch to a more expensive oil now.....if it aint broke don't fix it.

Back