free website stats program Has anyone used mean city cycles | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone used mean city cycles

subfxr

I own a 2014 limited and I'm looking to lower my seat height. I am 5'9" with a 29" inseam. I don't know whether to lower it 1", 1.5", or 2". I'm looking for people that have had this done and if they are satisfied with the results. Hope to get some feedback. Thanks.....
Subfxr

Why not get some logging boots and have a taller heal and sole installed???

Many, many options - new seat, seat mod, shocks, thicker shoes.

I haven't personally used MCC but there are dozens of posts here from folks who are very happy with them.

Two friends used them, and I've read many favorable posts about them. The only negative I remember is they get real backed up sometimes, resulting in long turnaround times.

Two friends used them, and I've read many favorable posts about them. The only negative I remember is they get real backed up sometimes, resulting in long turnaround times.

They did implement an appointment system to help alleviate the issue. So long as you follow the instructions for shipping etc. You should be fine. Lots of satisfied customers

MCC reworked the seat from my 2002 FLHT; no issues with the workmanship. However, the more you lower your seat, the less room for gel, foam or whatever cushioning material you choose. I would be looking at other alternatives like boots with more sole/heel; lowering the bike an inch all the way round, etc. Sitting on the seat pan for 300 miles will get old real fast.:D

I had my stock EG seat done at MCC 4 years ago and I'm pleased with it. I had it lowered and memory foam put in. It's more comfortable and the cost was far less than a new seat.

Used mcc a couple years ago. Seat definitely more comfy. As said, only issue is scheduling. They do stay busy.

Back