free website stats program has anyone made quick detach saddle bag mount? | Harley Davidson Forums

has anyone made quick detach saddle bag mount?

noble

Account Removed
I was wondering if this could be done,Ive seen products out their but wanted to know if any of you tried it.

I have not tried the after market releases for sadlebags I heard that they are not tight and the bags just flop around and lossen things up. What I did on mine was get a bolt threaded all the way run it from inside the fener facing out put a nut between the fender strut and bags slide the bags over the bolt and the bolt bags with a nut.I also have the factory wide glide bags though if I can figure out how to post a pic on this I will do so

I made my own for the stock bags I bought and put on my sportster. The bags were hardshell formed around the shocks. I didn't like leaving the out on the bike when I went on a overnighter. I did the same thing as Noble except I drilled the all thread so that when I put on a washer and a spring pin (not sure what you call it, maybe clip) the fit is as tight as you can get it. Noble was right that it flops a little. But my dyna has zip on bags and they flop a little even with the guards that tuck up in the bags. The only thing I didn't like about the whole bit was when you take them off you have a exposed bolt.

I purchased a set of detachable bags from bossbags.com when I bought my 06 FXDL; over 40,000 miles and they have never come loose. My son recently purchased a set for his FXDC and loves them; real quick to mount/detach lockable .

Most of your well made and established leather detachable bags use chrome "EZ" peg mounts or plates, sold separately, Boss Bags, Leatherneck Jims, Leatherworks, etc. appear to use similar/same type mounting system, though their bags vary in style.

ok great! i might just buy quick detach side plates and drill holes in plates.

Exactly what I did. Mounted my leather bags permanently to the detachable sideplates, since then I either ride without the backrest or with backrest and bags.
Just make sure you mount the bags high enough that the swing arm won't hit the bags if you bottom out your shocks.

try [removed], they make detachable bags for dynas, they also have the hd part # you will need to get, your taillites will have to be moved to your license plate but these bags are awesome, takes seconds to put them on and off, expensive but they look great. they are made well, i have had mine for 2 years no problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Back