free website stats program Has Anyone installed a tech/ speed combo | Harley Davidson Forums

Has Anyone installed a tech/ speed combo

AZDave

I want to put a tach on my 09 Heritage and I was looking at the HD combo tach/speed unit anyone out there with it? It looks easy to install. Do you like it? Thanks

i believe there are a few different styles looks wise just lift the dash via the nut on top unplug te oem unit un clip it reverse for the install, no wiring mods like the earlier ones. some i believe you can change back light color also, only take 10 or so minutes and is real easy

Put the one from HD in the FatBoy beginning of summer this year, like rancid said took maybe 15 minutes and was pretty simple. btw - love the way the new one looks on the bike.

I installed one on My 08 Deluxe, Very easy to install, Directions come with it and it has 20 different colors for the Back Lighting. I went with the Nostalgic one to match the Bike. I found it on Ebay from an HD Dealer and saved some Money. Make sure it is for your Year Bike though.

Was looking at a few of these, some upwards of $500. 2 questions, same simple install on a Dyna (no factory tach)? And, anyone have any moisture/fogging issues with them? Thanks.

I had the dealer put one on my 02 RKC when they first came out. If I remember correctly, we had to provide the factory with the mileage on the bike at that time and they set it to that number before installation.

Has been trouble free. No moisture or fogging. Keeps me from trying to engage that infamous "phantom sixth gear"!

Back