free website stats program harmon kardon with no sound | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

harmon kardon with no sound

Sometimes CD-DVD burns can get tricky & SW downloads become corrupted too. Best to always make second attempt (download & burn) if first is unsuccessful and use decent media. You'll find out "bargain" disks aren't really a bargain because you'll use 3-5 to get a single one working. Take from an IT guy - $pend some extra $$$ to get decent CD-DVD's.

I have the no sound through the speakers but I do have sound through my headset. I tried to download the software patch but the display has verifying DSP... no matter how long I leave it on.

Ideas?:bigsmiley22:

I have the no sound through the speakers but I do have sound through my headset. I tried to download the software patch but the display has verifying DSP... no matter how long I leave it on.

Ideas?:bigsmiley22:

When you burned your download cd, did you do it at the slowest possible rate? I remember reading that in a previous Harmon Kardon thread.

You can say what you will, but there are an awful lot of us that have had or are having problems with these HK units. Seem to be less than desirable, at best. If anybodies is still working after the warranty runs it's course, you are a lucky dude or dudess. Mine went south a week before the warranty expired and I got it replaced. If I had to buy it on my own it would have been over $1000.00 according to the dealer.

You can say what you will, but there are an awful lot of us that have had or are having problems with these HK units. Seem to be less than desirable, at best. If anybodies is still working after the warranty runs it's course, you are a lucky dude or dudess. Mine went south a week before the warranty expired and I got it replaced. If I had to buy it on my own it would have been over $1000.00 according to the dealer.

I wonder where Harmon Kardon is in the real world of retail audio. Do they make and sell decent auto and home equip. or are they only known because they won the Harley contract?

Breeze, HK makes good home audion equipment for sure or used too. I don't remember back in my car stereo days them make car audio. I guess those of us with ultras are in trouble sometime does hawgtunes have cb kits too? I never have looked. This is my first ultra and I don't use the cb or intercom yet, but I do enjoy listening too cd's though occasionally.

i tried the updates yesterday and i could not load them. the stereo would only say "verifying dsp image". i followed the instruction step by step and could not get it to load. can someone tell me what i did wrong.
i did have st10v8.19 on it.

thanks

Make sure you burn at or below 8 speed...the deck won't read it...I had to record at 4...then it did the update...

I had the same problem it's the sound board in the radio contact Tony from Iron Cross Audio (Google web site). In two days he will have the radio back to you.

Back