free website stats program Harmon Kardon Display gone bad. | Harley Davidson Forums

Harmon Kardon Display gone bad.

rick-e-b

I have an '07 Roadglide. Recently the display on the Harmon Kardon Harley radio quit working. The radio and cd player still work fine but the display is blank. When it first happend I turned the ignition switch off and back on and it worked for about 15 minutes. I has not worked since. Is there a cure? Perhaps a loose conection or has the display unit died? If so is there a good place for repair or swap out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through 5 on my 08 Road Glide. Try this...
Take your index and middle finger and spread them to where they are almost to the edge of the screen and press. This worked for me on several occasions until I could get to the dealer. Hope it works for you.

I'll take a look at this site. Thanks
Also thanks Red Fish. I might as well try this too. It sounds short term, but you never know until you try.

Oh yeah short term. But it may hold till you can get it fixed. Funny I never hear of bad radios on the Ultras Classics. Wonder if it is the angle the RG radio is mounted?

I went through 5 on my 08 Road Glide. Try this...
Take your index and middle finger and spread them to where they are almost to the edge of the screen and press. This worked for me on several occasions until I could get to the dealer. Hope it works for you.
Same Here, 08 FLTR and on my fifth radio. Thank God for extended warranties.
1. Lost display
2. Lost the light in display
3. Lost aux in, for my iphone
4. Radio and cd kept switching to aux in with nothing plugged in, Randomly. Of course when I took it in they could not find a problem. Charged me for Diag, then on the way home it was bouncing back and forth like crazy. returned and was able to show them the problem.
5 months left on warranty. Hope I got a keeper now

Last edited:
Because of the angle and location of the radio on Road Glides, they are more susceptible to display issues from liquid damage.
Harman will only direct you to Harley.
Best bet would be Iron Cross Audio.

I have a 08 FLTR and I still have the original HK radio in my bike and it works just like new never a problem so I don't think that it is a Road Glide specific issue. I did buy a extra HK radio for $375 just in case I have a issue sometime later on. Go to Road Glide Forums - Powered by vBulletin and check out the forum there were a couple of HK radios for sale for around $350.

Redfish-Joe I had an '06 Ultra and had the display go bad on it also. I lived with that awhile then traded for a 2012 Ultra.Now I can see it again(lol)
tourbox

Back