free website stats program Harman-Kardon Advanced Soundsystem | Harley Davidson Forums

Harman-Kardon Advanced Soundsystem

FLHXi

Been thinking about having the navfunction intergrated to the soundsystem but I don't like to pay the 5k that the dealer wants for it. Does anyone know if this software is availble on the net somewhere?

Save your money! Like biglew55 says, GPS units aren't flawless but they are a great tool to have. Also, most of the units like the Tom Tom and the Garmin Zumo have a lot more features and can be moved to any other vehicle very easily. You should take a look at some of the factory refurbished Garmin units like the street Pilot series as they're pretty cheap, and are waterproof as well.

I am not real pleased with the Stock Radio in my FLHX. It quit working a month or so ago -- citing FL Speaker open. I ran all of the tests outlined in the manual, and they all say to replace the radio.

Luckily, it's still under warranty -- my concern is having this same problem every 20,000 miles.

Is there something I can do to prolong it's life (I.E. Not using it)

Tks for the concern, but the reason I wanted to upgrade my radio to GPS is that I don't want to put extras on it. I usually make my way either with ordinary maps or by the way my frontwheel points. The "problem" is the times I navigate by the wheel and just sit and enjoying the ride :)

Tks for the concern, but the reason I wanted to upgrade my radio to GPS is that I don't want to put extras on it. I usually make my way either with ordinary maps or by the way my frontwheel points. The "problem" is the times I navigate by the wheel and just sit and enjoying the ride :)

It's at those times that I tell my wife that we are not lost just temporarily misplaced!:D

You might try posting a swap plus cash offer either on e bay,here or other sights.My boss has an 06 SE Ultra with nav in his radio and hasnt even bothered to figure out how to use it.When we go on trips I always lead because he doesnt even know how to use the cruise.Some of the older..UHKhhmm well more experienced riders out there have the money for the top of the line bikes but no use or inclination to use all the gizmo's to there fullest.Just a thought.

Back