free website stats program Harley's new hammock seat? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley's new hammock seat?

The Hammock seat is awesome and in my opinion, one of the best seats I have ever sat my rear own. I have a very bad back, to bad this seat is not available for my 05 UC, what a bummer. I think it is well worth the investment.

Speaking of investments...................what is the pricing like on this seat?:)

MSRP US $499.95

Ouch! Told you I was cheap:p I guess i am glad it is not for the '06 model i have now.:57:

I hope it becomes available for my 05 UC, my back would much appreciate it. I have to get shots in the back so I can walk, so a little more comfort would help out greatly.

Padding does not equate to comfort, necessarily. I use a Corbin Hollywood Solo, and, while it is not a 2-up seat, it does illustrate my point. It is not heavily padded. Instead is is accurately shaped. It is actually very hard, compared to my stock seat. But, it rides like a horse saddle. You do not sink in. I can ride for days with no ill effects. if you need to reduce shock to your lower back, adjust your suspension pressure.

Just my 2 cents...

Enjoy,
Rich P

I agree with Drumrguy. It IS one of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. It's shaped so that you can change your position on the seat once in awhile making long times in the saddle comfortable. Only problem is it's a tad taller off the ground.

I purchased it new with my Ultra. It is comfortable for the long hauls, but my passenger always slide forwards and has to keep repositioning every 10 miles or so. I also found it put pressure on the back of my right leg and affected the circulation (either that or I cooked my inner thigh while riding through construction in the Okanagon).
I'd added a sheepskin for the 3900+ mile trip we took this summer and that really helped keep our butts sweat free. Considering we hadn't broken our backsides in before the long trip, the seat was very comfortable for riding 2 hour stretches.

I put the stock seat on just to compare them and didn't notice any affect on circulation to that leg.
You do notice the difference in height when trying to manouver the bike, the stock seat makes it alot easier.

Back