free website stats program Harley's new hammock seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley's new hammock seat?

BUBBIE

Had a friend ask me about the NEW HAMMOCK SEAT from harley...

I googled it and found a picture.... It looks like the name implies !!!!!

any opinions here?

HAS anybody tried it out? OR bought it?

TOO HUGELY LARGE for me

maybe someone with the SKILLS can post a pict here.... THANKS

signed....BUBBIE

Here it is.

Attachments

• 0910_hrbp_01_z+harley_davidson_hammock_seat_and_backrest_install+installed.jpg
    0910_hrbp_01_z+harley_davidson_hammock_seat_and_backrest_install+installed.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 322
I dunno...it is large, but for its intended purpose of being attached to a touring bike, it's perfect...especially for somebody who may have lower back issues after extended periods of riding.

I also think that the size/mass of the rider would have a lot to do with it also...if you're a larger framed person it may be a perfect fit...

That's the great thing about Harley's....each is slightly different from the next and they are so personal to each rider...makes the world go round-and-round I guess....

Here it is.

THANKS REDFISH-JOE

I need a class on BASIC computer skills,,If this computer was my tool of choice I would do great..(OLD DOG)

compared to the other seat i saw side-by-side,,, HAMMOCK is huge...

Seeing it JUST on the bike , it looks NORMAL....

I have to say , me weighing in at 200 , I like my stock seat FLHR 09, and until weather here in wa. allows for more than a 100 mi. max. frozen trip MY stock seat is just fine... HOPEFULLY back to AZ. SOON THEN the miles log up....... big seat might be welcome there...

signed....BUBBIE

Next to a stock seat there is quite a difference.

Attachments

• 0910_hrbp_03_z+harley_davidson_hammock_seat_and_backrest_install+comparison.jpg
    0910_hrbp_03_z+harley_davidson_hammock_seat_and_backrest_install+comparison.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 185
I have that seat on my 09 Ultra and love it. I can ride 10-12 hours and my rear doesn't get sore at all. It's big enough to move around on. I'm not tall but weigh about 230. Only thing I don't like about it is your about 1/2" taller off the ground. You'll also want pull back bars if you have short arms.

I agree. The one on the left is like what came on my RG. The one on the right would compare closer to the Sundowner I now have. :)

I really like the stock RG seat for one up thats whay I both a EG and the stock seat change them when wife is not with me

I forgot I had mine put up in the shed. Think I'll dig it out and use it when I have the TP off. BTW the antenna worked out great. Thanks again.

The Hammock seat is awesome and in my opinion, one of the best seats I have ever sat my rear own. I have a very bad back, to bad this seat is not available for my 05 UC, what a bummer. I think it is well worth the investment.

Back