free website stats program Harley Theft In Muskegon Area | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Theft In Muskegon Area

That stinks......I sometimes think my husband is pretty paranoid about things, LOL, but I guess we go together well, I'm the stickler about making sure all the spare keys are in the safes, as well as the keys to any of the vehicles that get left behind.

We also keep all of our titles & other important documents in a fireproof safe. If a crook wants in a home bad enough, they will get in, but you can limit what they can carry out. If they have to cut the wall out to get multiple safes, that will slow them down usually or at least draw attention to them on the way out.

If you shop around at some of the surplus auctions or sales in your area you can usually get a good safe at a reasonable price. Well worth it. :s

I just don't think of locking the fork while the bike is in my garage and the doors locked. That's a professional group for sure.

I never used to lock the fork, but I am from now on. It only takes a few extra sec. I know my bike would be replaced, but I just don't want to deal with that. Plus it might just slow them down so they would get caught.

If the theivs want they will get it but you have to make it harder for them this what I do.

flip kill switch
leave in gear
lock front end
put pad lock onfront disc

It just makes it take longer for them to get it and maybe some one will see them.

I live in an area that doesn't have a lot of crime but I'm going to Sturgis this year. I just bought the alarm/pager to compliment the ignition cut-off on my 09 Road Glide. Other than locking the forks, I'd appreciate any other suggestions for keeping my bike safe. Thanks.

Back